Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Good File Storage Source for Download Linking???

I have a file that is too large for my new photography site. It's 13 MB and my host won't let me keep it there for downloading. I could trash it, but I like it... it's a screensaver I made of some seashore shots I grouped.

Anyone know of a reliable site that will host it and allow public downloading? I signed up for mediamax but they have been down all night. *sigh*

The new site is here, btw: http://www.towerandwell.com

I have some desktop wallpaper there, but I am really WANTING that bloody screensaver up!!!

Default Re: Good File Storage Source for Download Linking???

Quote Originally Posted by ShandaLear View Post
    I have a file that is too large for my new photography site. It's 13 MB and my host won't let me keep it there for downloading. I could trash it, but I like it... it's a screensaver I made of some seashore shots I grouped.
    Anyone know of a reliable site that will host it and allow public downloading? I signed up for mediamax but they have been down all night. *sigh*
    The new site is here, btw: http://www.towerandwell.com
    I have some desktop wallpaper there, but I am really WANTING that bloody screensaver up!!!
    I have space for it and can hold it for d'loading until you get something sorted. For no longer than a month though.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

That's just what I was looking for in my previous thread
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=22853&page=3

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offer, but I'd like a forever-home if possible.

I finally got mediamax to register me but they were busy. I'm going to try tonight when traffic is slow.

Onward and upward, and still always open to more suggestions, since every one that looks promising then proves to be buggy. LOL

Well.. perhaps just pick a host solution... what's 5 or so bucks a month... ?

Quote Originally Posted by gidgit View Post
    Well.. perhaps just pick a host solution... what's 5 or so bucks a month... ?
    It's nothing, as long as the server is stable enough

Shanda, I totaly forgot about that link I had: You can store up to 5GB for 2$:

www.photobucket.com try that out.

If you have not yet solved your file storage problem I found THIS. Try box.net Im sure it will come in handy.

Thanks all. Sorry I disappeared for a bit, my health is on sort of a schedule at the moment.

I have a photobucket account, but this particular file is an executable in a zip file. Found two hosts, but had trouble uploading and haven't gone back to try again. I will be doing so later this week.

Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for a long time, so very soon. Thanks for all the suggestions, btw, everyone here is so helpful!