Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Treasure Chest animation

Haven't posted anything here for quite some time. Most of my 3d works are not of the same par as those high quality renderings you people make, but I do still dabble in 3d whenever I can. This one's from a question at the Xara forum. I thought it made an interesting challenge. Modelled and animated in Blender, turned to .gif file in UGA, as usual...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreasureChest.gif 
Views:	13200 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	29728  

Default Re: Treasure Chest animation

Where's the treasure?

Excellent Gman! It's amazing how you and Intbel came up with the same viewing angle and key motion. As I thought about an anim for that I too was thinking that is the way it would have looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman View Post
    Haven't posted anything here for quite some time. Most of my 3d works are not of the same par as those high quality renderings you people make, but I do still dabble in 3d whenever I can. This one's from a question at the Xara forum. I thought it made an interesting challenge. Modelled and animated in Blender, turned to .gif file in UGA, as usual...
    A nice one.
    One question - is the key turning in the right direction?
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Yeah, that question was from me Thanks a tonn... Can you advice me on a 3D software? I mean for a complete beginner...

Ha, very cool treasure chest ani Gman

Availor, well, I haven't really gotten around to making those yet... . Anyway, the empty chest would leave space for anybody to tinker with the gif file and fill it with anything. By using Xara or any other image editing program, I'm sure any 2d graphics could be masked out and positioned properly so that it would appear to be inside the chest and slowly revealed as the lid opens. But that's another challenge, eh? It's a free gif file to use and abuse...
    Bob, that's how the picture formed itself in my mind's eye, too, after reading purifier's description.
    Raymond, my keys turn both ways, at least most of them... but I often turn them clockwise. You're right though, it should probably just need a 90 degree turn, not a full 360 degree one like in the animation, but I've never opened a treasure chest before, and I think some older lock types has keys that turn a full circle to open them...
    Gidgit, welcome back again. I see you're having some free time lately. When are we going to see some of your creations?
    Purifier, learning 3d can be easy or hard, depending on how you approach it. Two 3D graphics programs I recommend are Blender and Wings 3D. They're both free and pretty powerful.

Okay, 'tis now loaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreasureChest2.gif 
Views:	25237 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	29745  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Well, to whomever drew it, it looks identical except Intbel filled it up with treasure.

Very good to anyone who should be hearing it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Very well done, Raymond. I was expecting your reply and animation and there it is . Add a little sparkle effect and it's perfect.
    The treasure makes all the difference, Sally. Big improvement over the empty chest I posted. Now if I could just find a real life version of it....