Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CorelDraw X3 - Rounded Bevel

Hi,

I have been try to complete this all morning, is it possible to have an image contained within a container and to then apply a rounded beveling, so that the image content is in part of the bevel. I have tried lots, contours, transparencies, bevels all with no luck.

An example of which i have attached.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap1.jpg 
Views:	940 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	29795  
    Last edited by mbarrett; 19 September 2006 at 02:16 PM.
    IP

Default Re: CorelDraw X3 - Rounded Bevel

You can bevel with the extrusion tool as well as the new bevel tool in X3. You can combine this with the envelope for distortion as well as lens effects to make it look convex or concave.

Your example is not giving me a mental picture of what you want. Is the text going to wrap on the globe, because even at that, with a hand drawn pencil sketch I'd have more of an idea exactly what you are doing.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks Sally

Ok, I completely understand the difficulty in picturing what I am trying to do, and to be honest I did sort or anticipate this when I wrote the post initially.

As suggested I have sketched what I am trying to do. The sketch is of the theoretical side view if the desired result was displayed in 3D.

In the sketch the image appears to extend over the entire raised area as a result of producing a platform with rounded beveled edges.

So far I have tried creating a square object and applying a contour to emulate a beveled edge and then placing the image inside this object. The down side of this was that the where the internal edge of the contour was created it covered the edges of the image that was contained inside, so the image did not appear to flow over the edge of the bevel.

I did take a look at the bevel tool in X3 but could not work out how to create a radius bevel as aposed to a straigh bevel.

I finally came up with the beleif that it is likely to be able to do it through the use of a combination of some form of mask created from an object with a lens applied to it, however being that I am a programmer my poor brain began to fuse and thus I could get no further.

ty

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bevel1.jpg 
Views:	894 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	29800  
    IP

Since you are trying to wrap a bitmap, use PhotoPaint and try BevelBoss under the Effects Menu. Bevel Boss works with a selection, won't work without and it also does inner and outer bevels but it is on the laver below for outer bevels I've found.

If the image is big, prepare to wait, it takes it's time to render.

You can try then "Plastic" to increase the highlights of the bevel created in Bevel Boss, which is under Texture, also under the Effects menu.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP