Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: PDF exports not correct

"Fit to Page" will follow if the last thing printed out of Adobe Acrobat was used and it doesn't mean this is the default for your label. Acrobat remembers your last settings whether you want them or not, whether they are appropriate or not. The graphics person at the printer you are using does not know how to use Acrobat and as often happens, blames someone that way he/she still won't have to learn anything.

When it happens enough and consistently to many customers, the boss will finally ask "What is the problem?" This is sheer stubborness.

It matters little if the printer insists on using "Fit to Page" when this is a setting he can easily turn off and it is not a setting you have any control over when making the .pdf.

Tell the printer NOT TO USE "FIT TO PAGE". Elsewise it matters little if they are printing to a deskjet or a laserjet or to a digital platemaker, because it is this operation which is scaling your page.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

You are all so great to stick with me this long on this problem.
    The print shop is not biased against CD. They really don't care as long as their sftware can read and produce the file.
    They us a HP Laserjet 5100 (platemaker/copy/printer) machine. I'm not at all familiar with it other that it seems to be an awesome machine.

The sizes of my page are dictated by the print shop, gripper, etc. The lack of crop marks is only because they are on a different layer and if the form uses the entire 8.5X11 up to 11X17 page they do not want crop marks. Thus the lack of printing them for their output. I could/should have put them visible on the file I sent you.

The Gripper(s) are designated by the printshop and vary with page layout. Sometimes on top sometimes on one side sometimes on bottom. I just follow their directions.

They don't know/use CAD.

The label layout does not work well for me as I could not use crop marks with the label layout but now since they don't need them I'll try that. The form(s) are not actual labels as they are tickets left at the customer's home for service information. Corners don't matter here.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your time. I know you are very busy people and I'm so grateful for the time you take with me and others on this site.

I've been here since 2000 and love every byte of it.
    IP

The evening is my time I get to be a human being instead of a slave for hire. And you don't know how nice it feels to have someone say "thank you". Really.

A human being can learn to be an artist, but if you haven't full risen to the occasion of being a real person, one acquainted with kindness, good humor and the tenacity to hang in there until you've seen it through.... is that something you can teach someone? That part rubs off if you are impressed by the right people.

I've had other people who never faltered to answer my questions. Its called "Paying it forward".
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP