Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Export to SVG?

Default Export to SVG?

I just downloaded and created my logo, which took me few hours. At the end I realize that the export to SVG does not work.

Is this normal? I export but I do not have the content in the picture.

It this don't work when its going to be functional?
    IP

Default Re: Export to SVG?

Hi Kanour,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

At the present time the 0.7 development version does not support export to SVG.

It would be difficult to say when that feature will be working, the import of SVG is still being developed along with several other features.

Xara Xtreme for Linux is still very much a work in progress although it is progressing very rapidly compare to other open source endeavors for Linux platform.

Patience is a virtue as the saying goes. May we all have our fair share of it
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi, thanx for your "welcome".

The issue I have is that I searched for vector graphic creater for my logo. In Debian this one looked OK, so, I started the work. Now I am not able to put it on my web. I have to again use other non verctor format and wait for this feature to be implemented.
    IP

Kanour,

Whilst your waiting (and I don't think it'll be too long by the current rate of progress) ........ Another alternative to svg is to port your logo across to Flash. Flash has been a vector based web option for years. If you don't have Flash attach your xar file here and I'll see how it converts to swf.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

XaraLX can export to PDF. You can convert from PDF to SVG using pdf2svg from solidcode.

Using Flash is not a very good idea since Flash player is not available to all platform. SVG is supposed to be the open source replacement of Flash with much better support.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
    XaraLX can export to PDF. You can convert from PDF to SVG using pdf2svg from solidcode.

Using Flash is not a very good idea since Flash player is not available to all platform. SVG is supposed to be the open source replacement of Flash with much better support.
    It's also my experience, at least up to the moment, that Xara imports and exports PDFs as bitmaps, not as vectors... <sigh>

frank
    IP