Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default correcting colors inside xara lx

hi list
    is it somehow possible to correct colors in xara lx. I notized that it is possible to tint photos (reduce them to one color . ...) But it's also possible to make colorcorrections, like to change the color-tone?
    thanks for any hints
    nos
    IP

Default Re: correcting colors inside xara lx

+ this question was answered here recently... XaraLX is primarilly a Vector
    based program... this is to say, not primarilly for editing photographs, which tend to have a large range of variation in colors.
    I'd suggest Gimp for retouching photos.

Quote Originally Posted by noskule View Post
    hi list
    is it somehow possible to correct colors in xara lx. I notized that it is possible to tint photos (reduce them to one color . ...) But it's also possible to make colorcorrections, like to change the color-tone?
    thanks for any hints
    nos
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by stuseven View Post
    + this question was answered here recently... XaraLX is primarilly a Vector
    based program... this is to say, not primarilly for editing photographs, which tend to have a large range of variation in colors.
    I'd suggest Gimp for retouching photos.
    It'is not the intention to retouching photos eg. replacing ps, ... , but to adjust colors/gradiation of a photograph to a existing design and see it how it looks in one view. Basis image corrections are also important for vectorsoft, specialy if one do interface or webdesign with it.

It seams that xara imports the image, so if one edits the photo it has to be reimported a reload function seams not to exist.

So, if I want do adjust a desins colors to a photo it works great with xaras colorpicker but the other way arount its a problem.

I noticed that on the win-version there is basic image manipulating. But unfortunality in a extern window. This function would be nice (exept missing hue) if it would affect the photo inside the drawing.
    IP

Xara Xtreme is more than a vector drawing editor. There are a lot of functions to manipulate bitmap images. These functions works sometimes different as in a bitmap image editor like Photoshop. But you'll find great tips about using Xara Xtreme for manipulating images here in the Xara Xtreme forum.

And there are tons of tutorials available in the XaraXone. Perhaps this short tutorial about "Adding Drama to Bitmap Images" is a good start for you (the discussed "Stained Glass" transparency type is also available under Xara Xtreme for Linux).

Regards,
    Remi
    IP

cool, will take a look at it thanks
    IP