Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xar file crashed

Now when i am trying to open it, I have
    Code:
    The file seems to be empty
    and then
    Code:
    Xara LX failed to load the design.

This is an early demonstration version of the program which does not yet support all of the data types that can appear in XAR designs.
    Is there any way to restore it?
    IP

Default Re: xar file crashed

. errr... "any way" to recover a file from your system... likely, there is some way... it'd have to be a fairly important file before I'd pop for a disk recovery however.
    I had similar problems to this... but... this was with the very earliest releases of XaraLX.... are you using .7 or what version ? If you have an older version, you might consider updating.
    In fact, I filed a bug report about crashing / losing file I was working on... it seems to be sporadic... the authors could not repeat it, and, as I say, it no longer occurs with the more recent releases.
    Hope this helps... its no fun losing a drawing youve worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    Now when i am trying to open it, I have
    Code:
    The file seems to be empty
    and then
    Code:
    Xara LX failed to load the design.

This is an early demonstration version of the program which does not yet support all of the data types that can appear in XAR designs.
    Is there any way to restore it?
    IP

Default Re: xar file crashed

Quote Originally Posted by stuseven View Post
    . errr... "any way" to recover a file from your system... likely, there is some way... it'd have to be a fairly important file before I'd pop for a disk recovery however.
    I had similar problems to this... but... this was with the very earliest releases of XaraLX.... are you using .7 or what version ? If you have an older version, you might consider updating.
    In fact, I filed a bug report about crashing / losing file I was working on... it seems to be sporadic... the authors could not repeat it, and, as I say, it no longer occurs with the more recent releases.
    Hope this helps... its no fun losing a drawing youve worked on.
    cheers a lot for your reply anyway. Yes I am using 0.7 rev. 1723. Of course I meant 'repair'. Well, it's gone, but the png verson remained as I cannot print directly from Xara and have to convert it to other formats.
    IP