Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I created a small vertical menu bar with about five buttons. Today, I added three buttons just like I always do through FrontPage, saved, and exited. Lo and behold, the new buttons don't show. I went through this procedure three more times, even viewing the new menu bar in the Menu Maker browser where the new buttons show just fine.

I checked that the entire number of buttons, the xaramenu.js and the menubar.js are all in the same directory. Same problem exists. The new bar does NOT show in FrontPage despite having gone through the routine a number of times.

There is no sense posting this on the web as you won't see that the buttons are not there.

This is the first time I've encountered this problem. Any ideas anyone?

It sounds as if you are not uploading the files associated with the navbar back to your web server after having edited the menu. Try deleting/renaming the files on your server associated with the navbar and then re-upload the files to your server using your FTP program

Here is my post from another thread, I just had the same problem last week. In your case WS4 has lost your original graphics location within your FP website. The rest of the attached post may not be relevant, but good to know.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">" I got into double trouble today with my menu. I inserted it into my FP top border, it got confused and lost my orignal graphics folder location. Here is something good to know. I dug down through C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\WSTemplates\ to find my project and in there, I "sent to" an editor, the file mymenuname.xms, second line from the bottom, I corrected the path for my menubar location to within my website, at the location where I originally set it.

After this I still had a problem because I was in the borders folder, it added ../ to the front of my path, then since all my pages are in the root. The menu won't show up because it looks to find my images folder at the same level as the root of my web."</span>

Hi FP-user,
    So what is the solution for this problem? How to make the MM in front page uploaded and updated in server?
    Thanks,
    www.fancykoioutlet.com/aquasupply/truvu.htm

I haven't been in this site for some time. You can't expect quick answers to a post that's 5 months old. The best way to get answers is to start you own question.

So the solution is that when you creat the menubar from within FrontPage and make sure that the place where you store everything is in a subfolder of that same frontpage webesite your working on. Look for my other posts, I go into a lot of detail.