Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up I love this project

Hi,
    first of all, I neither known Xara before to read something about this project on an article about new open source softwares. I remember about a Xara menu builder of some years ago, I don't know if it's related. Anyway, I'm now trying the window version and I have installed the 0.5 version of Xara LX on my Ubuntu PC.
    What can I say? I'm impressed. Good software, easy to use, with a lot of cool tools. I'm a web designer and developer. It's at least one year that I use only open source software to develop my web site and web application. That's why I would like to migrate finally to Linux. For me there are not more reason to use the disliked Windows OS but one. Graphics software. Until now there was no one software able to do what fireworks or PS do under Windows.
    Mac? good thing, good enough to migrate to it waiting the day Linux will be enough supported to work with without any doubt, but I dont like the Apple way.
    Now, Xara team and all the community which is working under this project are making my dreams come true . That's why I LOVE this project . Congratulations for this initiative.
    I'm italian (as you could understand for my terrible english ) but as much as I'm not that good at writing english, I'm good at translating it. This will be my help for this project, hoping to see it fully working asap.

Good work!
    Bye bye!
    IP

Default Re: I love this project

Very well. Same with me. I was realy impressed by this great move of xara company. I mean this going to bring them fortune!!! Keep up the great wotk!
    IP

Default Re: I love this project

Kimu summed it up well. I wont repeat the kind words except to say that I too am a graphic/web designer and have begun using XaraLX for production.

Kudos to the developers and to Xara for opening the code. It's been about 2 weeks that I have been Windows-free...

Still, the only gap, for me at least, is the lack of a painting application (for use with a stylus and digitizing tablet.) GIMP can approach what I need but it's not as seamless as Photoshop, Sketch, or ArtRage.

Xara's pen support is fun. Thanks again, guys!
    IP