Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xara Printing

Default Xara Printing

Impressive progress when it comes to printing, at least with my Epson R220 inkjet. I hadn't tried the printing lately thinking someone would annouce it working. It works somewhat perfectly now, and it just means that the developers are moving faster than I at first had thought.

Been spending some time, since AI, PNG, JPG and some SVG are importing, thinking about how I'll be using Linux in a workflow, the whole shot, if you know what I mean. I vowed to not upgrade to Win Vista. <sigh>

Can anyone say what Xara v0.8 will have achieved over what we already have? Thanks to all, one and all.

frank
    IP

Default Re: Xara Printing

Quote Originally Posted by fjgaude View Post
    Impressive progress when it comes to printing, at least with my Epson R220 inkjet. I hadn't tried the printing lately thinking someone would annouce it working.
    I thought we did in the 0.7 release? It should be working now from the autopackage version though I understand there is a problem on the Debian / Ubuntu .deb due to the way they compile wxWidgets.

Can anyone say what Xara v0.8 will have achieved over what we already have?
    I don't think there is a complete feature list there, but I'm hoping to get the brush stuff in (that's one of the main missing areas of tool functionality), and tidy up galleries a bit, for my part.

Alex
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by abligh View Post
    I thought we did in the 0.7 release? It should be working now from the autopackage version though I understand there is a problem on the Debian / Ubuntu .deb due to the way they compile wxWidgets.

I don't think there is a complete feature list there, but I'm hoping to get the brush stuff in (that's one of the main missing areas of tool functionality), and tidy up galleries a bit, for my part.

Alex
    Well, when I opened the Print options, Print layout menu I thought things were more broken than they are. <smile>

Brushes are coming and... thanks for the good work,

frank
    IP

Well, when I opened the Print options, Print layout menu I thought things were more broken than they are. <smile>
    Oh are you seeing the "internal error" too? That's odd. Which version are you using?

Alex
    IP

Oh are you seeing the "internal error" too? That's odd. Which version are you using?

Alex
    No error msg, just the offset menu and its text. Easy to fix, when the time comes.

frank
    IP

No error msg, just the offset menu and its text. Easy to fix, when the time comes.

frank
    I don't think I see that. Can you provide a screenshot please?

Alex
    IP

I don't think I see that. Can you provide a screenshot please?

Alex
    Here's the window:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	print.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	29441  
    IP

Here's the window:
    OK. Looks fine here. What distro are you running? We really need to redesign all those panes with sizers and this sort of problem would go away.

Alex
    IP

OK. Looks fine here. What distro are you running? We really need to redesign all those panes with sizers and this sort of problem would go away.

Alex
    Distro, Fedora Core 5 with the very latest updates, in Gnome desktop, not KDE. Will try KDE and see if same issue is there.

frank
    IP

Distro, Fedora Core 5 with the very latest updates, in Gnome desktop, not KDE. Will try KDE and see if same issue is there.

frank
    Oh wow, it's as it should be in KDE... so it is a Gnome issue in rendering, huh?

frank
    IP