Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Part of ellipses

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    Very good Xhris. I understood the first example but the second???
    The YouTube screen is very small as it is and you have used just half of it. Also it is very fast with no commentary.

Anas
    Yes, YouTube imposes its own optimisations, including reducing the resolution of the video. I've re-recorded it in a lower resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    I just watched it on YouTube also. Very nice!!! Your voice would add a lot.
    I don't fancy narrating yet. :-)

Another way using ClipView
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ellipse.png 
Views:	250 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	29425  

Brilliant Chuck. I rest my case.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Brilliant Chuck. I rest my case.

Gary
    Aye, I'm all for simple efficient pictures usually, but there are occasions where videos are more fun and clearer in describing a problem (when done well). Having more time now to concentrate on the problem than the method, I've redone it (again) here. Appropriately done movies have value as Xara themselves have shown. I personally find them more fun at the moment as the novelty hasn't yet worn off.

I do agree with Gary in that I hate technology being used for the sake of using technology. For example using a PC to print off a simple letter when it would have been 10 times as quick and just as good to write it by hand.

At the same time I generally have problems with manuals and tutorials due to my dyslexic etc. talents. Videos are more suitable as they give me less information overload in one area, although I don't think a video was neccessary for this ellipse problem.

Anas

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    although I don't think a video was neccessary for this ellipse problem.

Anas
    I agree, but at least the foundations are laid for cases when it is good to use a video.

Xhris - this one is MUCH BETTER! It is very clear what you are showing with the text there. Still... a voice describing what you're doing is the best. I am thinking you are too shy to use your voice - as I am also. So..... go find some woman with a really great voice and have her do it!!! Yeah!!!
    Last edited by -=Drifter=-; 06 September 2006 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spelleen

At the same time I generally have problems with manuals and tutorials due to my dyslexic etc. talents. Videos are more suitable as they give me less information overload in one area, although I don't think a video was neccessary for this ellipse problem.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie! (Dyslexic humor). I suspect that many of us in this conference (I for sure am one) are dyslexic.

Gray

OK, I'm not dyslexic, but here's my favourite joke.

"Did you hear about the Dyslexic devil worshipper that sold his soul to Santa?"

Gary, rap my knuckles about the OT post, but I have a serious OT question.

My wife reprimands me if I tell the joke with a Dyslexic person present. Personally I don't see that telling such a joke is disrespectful (certainly not intended to be), just an acknowledgement of the condition. Would some/many Dyslexics be offended?

Paul

I don't get it?

Kidding.

I wasn't offended. Dyslexia is not fatal, as far as I know. It just is a cognition thing. Maybe it's the reason I can't do my own tutorials? Or maybe it's the reason that almost every time I say something is in the upper left corner of the screen that in fact it is in the upper right corner of the screen. Or when I dial a phone number and it turns out I copied it down incorrectly, if I just transpose 2 of the digits, it becomes the right phone number?

OK This is off topic and we have all been warned.

Gary