Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: This globalisation ...

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Thanks Intbel, that works great! [I feel special... and also at a loss about this .swf viewing problem.]
    Is your globe spinning the right way? Seems to me we will have the sun rising in the west and setting in the east this way. [I could be wrong.]
    BUT it is an EXCELLENT "animation".
    Thanks - not as a good as could be made in a 3D prog but not so bad, so far, for something made solely in a 2D prog is it?

I can reverse the anim so it goes the other way.
    Unfortunately Xara Xtreme does not have a reverse button so I will need to do it manually ... Grrrr! Not a problem with just ten or twenty frames but 150 frames? GRRRR!

The link will be deleted in a few hours, as will the rdio link - space is not a prob, I have to think of bandwidth 'cos this forum gets some seriously heavy traffic. That calls for another grrr! Doing a lot of grrr-ing lately.
    Mostly 'cos I like the sound I make when I go grrrr!

P.S. Everyone is special ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Yes, it is getting better.

I did one in another program and you can see it here if you like. The people on my world have to hold on for dear life, I'm afraid.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=23008
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Yes, it is getting better.

I did one in another program and you can see it here if you like. The people on my world have to hold on for dear life, I'm afraid.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=23008
    Now why didn't I think of using a webdingo thingo?
    Your world is to fast for me Sally - but at least it is going in the right direction, LOL!

I reversed mine, made a few changes and also reduced its size so as to be able to post the gif. (This will put Drifter into raptures of delight) the colour quality had to be sacrificed a bit though. Grrr.

My personal challenge - to produce a believable 3D animation without the use of 3D software has been accomplished I think.

Attached the source (.xar) file for anyone who wants to play.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Drifter you may have to have Flash player installed or SwishMax player installed on you machine..the latest Flash 9 has a lot of security attached to it but I am not sure if that was the problem.
    Jim

Intbel, that's better, I was having trouble with your swf, too. I can see it properly, now.

Re reversing animation, I once made an animation in X3D that animated a Xara clip art, by putting all the frames onto the edge of a rotating disc in X3D. As the disc rotated, the different frames would appear at the top, and the direction of animation could be reversed by ticking the Reverse button in the Rotate dialogue box.

Sally, at least your people wouldn't have to risk walking off the edge of a contintent, falling through the centre of the earth and bouncing off the inside of China!

Mike
    Last edited by simsmj; 05 September 2006 at 07:58 AM.

Intbel - thank you. I shall figure out this .swf - I don't think I previously had this problem... perhaps it was one of the sp2 updates or something. I googled this and actually saw a discussion on this.
    Yesterday I also dl'd/installed this:

SWF Live Preview 1.0
    SWF Live Preview is aimed to help you preview Macromedia Flash files using standard built-in Windows Explorer. Excellent design, easy-to-use interface, powerful features and unique capabilities make SWF Live Preview indispensable application. And it is free of charge! You won't find anything similar!

Welp, that did absolutley nothing. This .swf discussion is now intermixed with two of your great drawing threads - sorry. If I could I would take remarks re. this and put them into a "I can't view .swf files" thread.

Anywho - your globe is great and thanks for doing that so I could view it.

Sally - your globe is great too - and yes, quite fast, but we all seem to be in a hurry all the time nowadays.

Simsmj - that bird thing is excellent - how you come up with these things is beyond me

Scotty - thanks - I'll dl/install one of those today.

well, i just went to the Adobe flash player site. It said I had version 8.0.22.0 and they were now on version 9.0.16.0. I installed that.

Then I went to view Intbel's .swf file in the first post of this thread. I chose OPEN in the dialog box. I now do NOT see the progress bar showing it opening - instead - get this - it immediately shows me the Unzip thing - and then there is nothing, no-where, no-how, no way....
    I'm totally stumped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	29407  

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Intbel, that's better, I was having trouble with your swf, too. I can see it properly, now.

Re reversing animation, I once made an animation in X3D that animated a Xara clip art, by putting all the frames onto the edge of a rotating disc in X3D. As the disc rotated, the different frames would appear at the top, and the direction of animation could be reversed by ticking the Reverse button in the Rotate dialogue box.

Sally, at least your people wouldn't have to risk walking off the edge of a contintent, falling through the centre of the earth and bouncing off the inside of China!

Mike
    That is a great solution to not-importing-animated-gifs-into-Xara 3D.
    Hmmm ... have you considered using more than one disc with different anim pics? That could be fun.
    I'll use that - it should also work nicely on a rectangular shape (cylinder?) rotating horizontally don't you think? Only one way to find out ...

Gotta have a reverse button in Xara Extreme. Grrrr.

I don't know wha the prob is with viewing swf.
    Maybe 'tis something

I'm doing?
    Are you able to view this one okay? It was exported into flash in the same manner.

Sally is too fast a lady for me ...

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    well, i just went to the Adobe flash player site. It said I had version 8.0.22.0 and they were now on version 9.0.16.0. I installed that.
    Um ... wondering why you didn't go to Macromedia's site and install Macromedia's player?

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post

I don't know wha the prob is with viewing swf.
    Maybe 'tis something
    I'm doing?
    Are you able to view this one okay? It was exported into flash in the same manner.
    Yes, that works great (and I LOVE that watch!)

re. Macromedia - okay, will try that next