Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    IP

IP

Thanks for the links Min. Great tutorials. I don't know if you're aware of it but one of the nice side effects of XaraX export to swf is that the exports convert across with transparencies intact, which makes it great for shading. Just apply a Black or White fill where you need the shading / highlight and apply a flat transparency. This is better than trying to do it in Flash where the Shape needs to be converted to a Symbol before you can apply a transparency. The screen grab below is created in XaraX and exported via swf to Flash. The shadings are all Black or White fills with transparencies applied prior to export.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	454 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	15757  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hi Egg

That's really handy to know. I'm doing loads of interactive stuff in Flash at the mo - all for education (mostly primary). The drawing tools in Flash can be limited and fiddly at times, especially when you compare to Expression & Xara, so its always good to hear of different techniques that are "saved" when importing into Flash.

Many thanks
    Amanda
    IP