Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Best Linux distribution for Xara Xtreme LX?

I feel that PCLinuxOS is the best Linux distro around. But it doesn't have a Xara package in the repository.

I have successfully built Xara from the latest source code in PCLinuxOS Big Daddy. My first attempt in PCLinuxOS MiniME 0.93a failed. Once I can consistently build XaraLX for PCLinuxOS I plan to place the instructions on the PCLinuxOS forum.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzzzz View Post
    I feel that PCLinuxOS is the best Linux distro around. But it doesn't have a Xara package in the repository.

I have successfully built Xara from the latest source code in PCLinuxOS Big Daddy. My first attempt in PCLinuxOS MiniME 0.93a failed. Once I can consistently build XaraLX for PCLinuxOS I plan to place the instructions on the PCLinuxOS forum.
    Why do you post this message more than one time in this forum?

btw: If PCLinuxOS doesn't have a Xara package in the repository, it can't be the best Linux distrubtion around...
    IP

I posted on different threads to be complete, sorry for the duplication.

Despite not having PCLinuxOS in the repository, PCLinuxOS is the best distro. Because of the efforts of some PCLinuxOS users, we are working towards a XaraLX binary that works in PCLinuxOS, and may be on our way towards a package for the repository. I currently have a XaraLX binary that appears to work in PCLinuxOS, but it needs more testing. I have been able to share .xar files between the XaraLX binary and the Windows version of Xara X which I use at work.
    IP

PCLinuxOS is the best distro.
    I see, you are a fan of "your" Linux distribution.

But beside your enthusiasm: Do you also know other Linux distributions in detail? Is there something better with PCLinuxOS instead of the popular Linux Distributions Ubunto, OpenSUSE or RedHat?

Remi
    IP

Despite not having PCLinuxOS in the repository, PCLinuxOS is the best distro. Because of the efforts of some PCLinuxOS users, we are working towards a XaraLX binary that works in PCLinuxOS, and may be on our way towards a package for the repository. I currently have a XaraLX binary that appears to work in PCLinuxOS, but it needs more testing. I have been able to share .xar files between the XaraLX binary and the Windows version of Xara X which I use at work.
    What does PCLinuxOS offer that Fedora Core 5 doesn't? I use autopackage to update Xara on my system without any trouble, do it as the revisions come out taking less than a minute total.

frank
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by fjgaude View Post
    What does PCLinuxOS offer that Fedora Core 5 doesn't? I use autopackage to update Xara on my system without any trouble, do it as the revisions come out taking less than a minute total.
    The same with Ubuntu and OpenSUSE...
    IP

I've tried Ubuntu, SuSe, Fedora, Mepis and others. My own personal experience is that PCLinuxOS just works better for me and my WIFE than the others. I have been able to get PCLinuxOS to work so well that my wife has stopped using Windows. And now I have finally found the packages to allow me to build Xara Xtreme without error and have it run without crashing. Another PCLinuxOS user is taking my builds and distributing to the rest of the PCLinuxOS community. It may not be in the PCLinuxOS repos, but it is available and in use by PCLinuxOS users.

If you really want to try a Linux distro that works without the hype you have to give PCLinuxOS a try.
    IP

Default xara lx already in a distri?

Does someone know if xaralx is already integrated in a linux distri? I mean if xara is on the cd. Espacially on a live linux cd.
    I shall teach children in graphics with an graphic program, but may not install a graphic program on their windows computers. So I probably must take a live linux cd. I want to use open office and later xara. But for that I need definitivly a live linux - I have no other idea.
    First I thought about "grafpup" but the page is down.
    Has someone an idea or does someone know about?
    IP

Default Re: xara lx already in a distri?

Hi Penguin,

I think that Red Hat may have XaraLX on their newest Fedora CD. Debian doesn't have it on their CD/DVD but it is available in their Non-Free software. I don't recall hearing if any other distributions have it.

XaraLX is still in development so not all the Windows version features are available.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: xara lx already in a distri?

slax live CD with XaraLX module added
    fit on small pocket size CD

www.slax.org

from downloads you can get iso image
    from modules download XaraLX module + one library, add him to modules folder in iso image
    and then burn and boot
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com
    IP