Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Best tutorial for new Xara LX user

Hi
    I hope this is the right forum for this question.
    I have been making pixel based artwork for some time now.
    Using Then Gimp and Photoshop.
    I enjoy doing it but I think it limits me too much and it is time to move on to vector based artwork.
    I have had a look at both Xara LX and Illustrator but would like to try Xara LX first.
    As a newbie I am looking for a very basic and simple tutorial to start out with and hope somebody here can suggest something for me.
    Thank you

Default Re: Best tutorial for new Xara LX user

http://www.xaraxone.com - tons of Xara Xtreme tutorials, choose the one you like or do a search here in the Xara Xtreme forum - there are also tons of tutorials available.

Regards,
    Remi

Thank you for your answere Remi.
    Yes I have seen that website and I am sure I will use it later on.
    What I am looking for now is a very basic tutorial which explaines how Xara LX works.

Hi Artoony,

I notice you use Xara LX which is a reference to the Linux version of Xara Xtreme. Are you using the Linux verson?

You may find the following link to the Webxealots on the XaraXone useful. http://www.xaraxone.com/html/webxealot.htm

They were written when Xara X was the newest release, since then Xara X¹ and the newest Xara Xtreme have been released. The information is relavent to all versions. WebXealots 16 through 30 show how each tool is used and would be your best answer for basic tutorial.

This link http://www.xaraxone.com/html/workbook_index.html takes you to the alphabetical index of the XaraXone workbooks where you can find reference to areas of interest.

The XaraXone is THE source for Xara Tutorials regardless of your skill level or interest in using Xara X, X¹, and Xtreme.
    Last edited by Soquili; 03 September 2006 at 03:18 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Red face Re: Best tutorial for new Xara LX user

Hi Soquili
    thank you for your reply.
    Yes I am using the Linux.
    Well I just downloaded it a few days ago.
    Haven't really used it yet because I still try to figure out how the different functions work.
    It is just difficult to figure out how to get started that is the reason I asked for a specific tutorial for beginners.
    Anyway I will take a look to the links you supplied and I hope to get started as I am really eager to learn this.