Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel bought Ulead?

Link from a post at PIBB:
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047022985433

So Intervideo bought Ulead and Corel buys Intervideo. So Corel owns Ulead...
    Looks like we might be moving into the Corel subsection above, then?!
    IP

Default Re: Corel bought Ulead?

whoa, from the read it would appear so eh?
    hmm, maybe PI will finally get some decent paint stuff hehe
    Ah well, we shall have to wait to see what happens from here... thanx for the heads up on this GMan
    IP

Default Re: Corel bought Ulead?

Well, Corel does do "Painter" and it is a very decent program. I have it but haven't used it much, have concentrated on other things. And "PhotoPaint" which is part of the CorelDRAW Suite, has had little change over the years. So even though Corel has bought Ulead now, may not mean that the problems we were discussing on transparency, not being able to smear pixels into a transparent area or a good number of plugins that don't work either because of the way Ulead is constructed. But from their acquisition of PaintShopPro, they didn't buy Psp to put it out of business. They are continuing updates, PSP has a broad user base for many years. But with all these ideas being owned by Corel, they have the potential to really create a spectacular program if they just would.

If one of the two major players was going to buy Ulead, I am glad it was Corel and not Adobe. Corel is still making a profit, but don't gouge in their prices like Adobe does.

And if you read the history of Ulead, it is rather interesting that much of the way Photoshop has gone was from early partnering with Ulead, or so the history I read says.

There is so much that Ulead's PI can do, and even though a lot of hobby users enjoy the program, the tutorials can be done using proper perspective, so it really can make completely professional results, including lighting to make faux reality more touchable. It doesn't, however, make .pdf or CMYK on its own.

I have retouches I've done where I frankly chose Ulead over Adobe to do as I could get such perfect clarity.

Interesting post, Gman, were you just reading at Corel.com?

Was reading else where about a new products for photo and video editing Corel is unveiling named "Alta" in the fall of this year. This is an interesting read also.
    http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/8856...re_corel_alta/
    Last edited by sallybode; 02 September 2006 at 05:01 PM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP