Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need a script...

Does anyone have a link (or code) to a top of the line pop-under script? I'm not looking for the standard "Steve's" re-buffed java-script - but something that works as good, or as close to as good as the ones used by Fast, Casale and Tribal etc? No problem if it involves cgi etc. I'm pretty much opening to anything.

I have tried Google to the point where I will have a nervous break-down... same re-worked script everywhere... I have also seen enough spam to feed a T-Rex... *sigh*

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that there isn't one...

Anyone?

Risto

Default Re: Need a script...

Hi Risto,

I don't understand, what kind of Script you're searching. Could you give me an example, perhaps a URL?

Remi

Hello remi,

Pop-unders are those very hated ("extra") browser windows (normally containing ads) that are spawned when visiting a specific web page. There are a few simple javascript based ones out there, but they don't work even nearly as well (with pop-up blockers) as those used by advertising networks.

Not expecting to find something AS good as those used by advertising networks, but better than basic java would be ok.

/// Edited - Getting old... Matt's" /// I seem to have "Steve" on my mind... I meant "Matt's Script Archive".

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 02 September 2006 at 04:37 AM.

Have you checked out the Dynamic Drive site?
    It usually has most stuff.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

I use a Personal Firewall with integrated Popup-Blocker. The only unfiltered Popups are some Flash based-Popups. Therefore, if you need a Popup, create a little Flash animation (together with a "close" Button).

Remi

intbel - looked familiar... had a (possibly) second very quick look and didn't find anything related.

remi - thanks for the for the suggestion. I wouldn't have a clue to do a "flash based" anything.... But I will look into it though.

Availor - yes, there are actually a few options there. Unfortunately the once I saw right off the bat are php - and it would be too much for me to go php. Too much...

However, I did see a few pop related scripts that I had not seen before, and I will play around with them. Also found some other pretty neat scipts that I will have to try... Lots of content there! Just not very well organized... Lots of neat stuff there though...

If someone has a direct link to a solution - please post!

Risto

Here's one solution, though you may not like it. Works though.

Make an animated gif (containing your info) which doesn't loop.

Make the first frame match exactly the space on the page it is to occupy.
    Make the length of time this first frame is showing really long.
    Don't loop the animation.

This works, but I'd only use it as a last resort and even then I'd only put it where it would occupy blank space on the page.

Knew you wouldn't like it much. 'Tis a solution though.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Ok Risto here are some links:
    http://search.freefind.com/find.html...I1.x=10&I1.y=2

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ - couldn't exactly find using the search so I leave the dirty work to you

http://www.evrsoft.com/ - Their program has got some cool javascripts I downloaded it once but never used it because I use DreamWeaver. I am not sure it has got what you are looking for.

Cheers http://techhelpers.net/e4u/drink/trink39.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Knew you wouldn't like it much. 'Tis a solution though.
    Intbel - Can't say I don't like it... as I don't get it... Basically, I need to spawn a new browser window (popping under the existing one) when a certain page is visited. The script should get through more pop-up/under blockers than the average/general java script out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Ok Risto here are some links...
    Availor - at a quick glance - some neat stuff there... Will take some time to digest/browse through it all though...

Yes, I do realize that pop-ups/unders are often the "slush/junk" of the web, but sometimes/at one point... it simply gets too worthwhile to simply ignore. And when clicks happen only for BW theft purposes (mainly big blog sites) --- why not use it...

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 03 September 2006 at 06:45 AM.