Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linux .AI Browser

Now that Xara LX handles .ai import so well, is there a Linux GUI-type file browser showing thumbnails of AI files? gThumb, Nautilus, Kview, Kuickshow, KDVI, don't. Anyone, please?

frank
    IP

Default Re: Linux .AI Browser

Hi Frank,

I haven't used this yet, but XnView has a Linux version http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/endownload.html

The version for Windows has always been a good choice.

When I get home this evening I will download and install the Linux version.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Linux .AI Browser

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Frank,

I haven't used this yet, but XnView has a Linux version http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/endownload.html

The version for Windows has always been a good choice.

When I get home this evening I will download and install the Linux version.
    I downloaded XnView to my 64-bit FC5 box and couldn't get it to run; it did on my 32-bit one.

The viewer reads only GIF, JPG, TIF, PCX, but no PNG, AI, WMF, SVG. And I must say the overall design of the program, not using modern themes, reminds me of going back to Linux of the mid-'90s.

Will have to get the owners of gThumb to add USM (unsharpmask), AI and SVG (it already has all the rest) to their package and I will be a happy camper.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

OTOH, there's a picture browser I used some years back called something like Gwienview, and I can't find it. Do you or anyone know its name? It might have AI and SVG by now. Likely not USM. <smile>

frank
    IP

Lightbulb Re: Linux .AI Browser

The program is called Gwenview and comes as a standard included with SuSE Linux 10.1. However I didn't trie the mentioned extensions with it yet.

TuxGL.

OTOH, there's a picture browser I used some years back called something like Gwienview, and I can't find it. Do you or anyone know its name? It might have AI and SVG by now. Likely not USM. <smile>

frank[/QUOTE]
    IP