Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Poser 5 Free right now until Sept 4th

Due to high demand...Poser 5 AVAILABLE TILL / Or THRU (?) THIS FRIDAY (9/8/06)
    nance

Sweet Margaret (that sainted woman who so many years ago married me) says that I'm an "ornery old goat." I suppose she's right because now I'm complaining about my inability to download Poser 5, even though one can argue that I have certainly received my money's worth.

Now that they have seduced me into selling them my email address and my soul in exchange for an piece of unsupported software and a mess of porridge, they ought to make it possible to download. I mean, are they really that cramped for bandwidth?

While I'm being cranky, why do they have to say "Due to high demand"? That sound so bureaucratic. They could just as easily have said "Because of high demand"

Okay, now Sweet Margaret has come dashing into my home office, alarmed by the loud clacking of keys and mutterings. She says I must wipe the spittle off my beard, put my computer to bed, take my meds, and retire to the bedroom myself like a good chap. So I guess I'd better do that.

Regards,

Alan

---Denial is just a negative word for positive thinking.

I have just managed to download Poser first part at 100k+0r- The zip file I have attempted to download twice it goes the full way each time but comes up with zero bytes winzip so will try and I am trying again I wonder if anyone else is getting this result . I hope at the end of the day after several attempts I will have the brains to use the program. Time will tell.
    Norman
    Last edited by parahandy; 09 September 2006 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typos

Got it all now and Thanks again to Diana. The second download was a lot faster.

Hi Parahandy,

I finally got the first download. But I could not download the zip file. Kept getting error messages. It was also a very slow download. I have download speed of 6 Mbps and it went on for a couple of 3 hours the last time I tried.

What was the hint that Diana gave you, Parahandy?

Regards,

Alan

I was going to buy Manga 3.0 but felt it was kind of pricey. Does anyone have it? Is Poser better? (I believe they are made by the same folks.)

I do hand drawn manga stuff but just beginning. I've done some stuff using the Ayupan font, too, but this would be neat to try.

I don't even mind buying it outright if it's worth the money.

I was going to buy Manga 3.0 but felt it was kind of pricey.
    I would hold off buying from Content Paradise or e-frontier for a while, their servers are so busy with the Poser giveaway, you may experience problems trying to download a large file.

Does anyone have it?
    I looked at the features and did some reading at the Manga forum. I already have Xara so I decided it was not for me. http://www.contentparadise.com/forum...p?showforum=14

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/...es&forum_id=67

Is Poser better?
    Totally different applications. Poser is 3D rendering and animation, Manga studio is 2D comic drawing software.

I just now got both files and all is installed. Haven't gone and dl'd each thing from the cd yet. Just played around a little with poser and took a peek at the acrobat help file: 398 pages!!!! (almost same as Bryce)

But thanks to all for the heads up on this freebie - I look forward to playing with it and hope it doesn't take me away from my beloved Xtreme!!!

I did find some Manga proggies on ebay for not TOO much money. Animation (animated graphics) is not my thing. I think that's more likely my better option.

I love working with bases.

Wow, just got the app opened and fooling around a bit... tons of features and the like... will have to play around some before saying anything further