Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Do you have your own website?

Voters
277. This poll is closed
  • Yes

236 85.20%
  • No

41 14.80%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do you have your own website?

I have my own website which is at the bottom of my post. Don't really have a personal blog although there is one on my daughter's site that I keep up every now and then at http://www.savekika.zebtoonz.com/blog2006.html.

My favorite site? Don't really have one. I check my bank every day

"What drives you made when visiting websites!" I don't really understand this question/statement. Drives? Um, well, I have a "drive" to raise funds on my daughter's site. (That's probably the wrong kind of drive you're thinking of.)
    IP

Smile Re: Do you have your own website?

Hi everyone,

Oh yes, I have my own website - it will be 10 years old next April
    http://www.thedreamtime.com

I've done all my own graphics (except for a few templates I purchased), used Photoshop for years, but just recently decided to give Xara a try - I recently purchased everything, WebStyler, Xara Xtreme and Xara 3D in the recent 1/2 price sale - what a deal

I can't wait to try playing with some of the new features, even doing image editing with my photography...

Keep me posted on what's new - this forum looks great BTW,
    -Brett
    IP

I have my own personal site that doubles as a tutorial site: http://www.samisite.com/ that has a color scheme on the home page (and 6 others) that is untraditional but tutorial pages that are more normal. The Iframe tutorial is quite popular on search engines because it has so many samples but is slow loading for the same reason. I break many rules on that site...mainly because I can. When I started it, it was a testing site for one particular program, not intended to be public.

I have made normal sites that are better designed, including the one for my employer. On those I use image programs to produce nice headers and product demos as well as make the pages resizeable for different monitor settings. Have used Webstyle and another brand for nice dropdown menus and other nicer features. (Don't bother with my own site! )

Like others, font size and overall color scheme (or lack thereof) can be a real make/break for a site. Animated images (flash or gif) are fine when they add to the site content but can be distracting or even annoying sometimes.

I absolutely HATE autoloading music or sound on a site. Let the visitor choose to play a sound (sample music clip, instruction, etc) but don't force it on the visitor. Many people are in locations where sound is inappropriate.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBtoonz View Post
    "What drives you made when visiting websites!" I don't really understand this question/statement. Drives? Um, well, I have a "drive" to raise funds on my daughter's site. (That's probably the wrong kind of drive you're thinking of.)
    Anthony means "What drives you mad when visiting websites"
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa
    IP

Yes i do!
    I built it a few years ago using textpad and html codes! And then a friend gave me "dreamweaver" and suddenly, everything made sense! I do watercolors as a hobby. Unfortunately i sold my best paintings before i had my scanner. So what's on my site is what i have left, and all the newest paintings i've done. Every time i paint something new, now i take the precaution of recording them in my computer.
    Now, I've discovered graphic design, first with paintshoppro, then with photoshop, i put my first graphic creation on my website.
    I did it for a friend who loves angels. Straight out of my head. If you guys want to have a look its in www.danielle1000.com/pageno20.htm. I haven't yet linked it into anything. I will soon. I swear!

Danylee
    IP

My page and blog are in my sig, but I also own WebSong, Romance News, and a few others that don't come to mind immediately.

Just found this site... cool so far (all of half an hour).
    IP

I have had my own web site since 1998. I really enjoy having it.
    One thing that drives me mad is when I go to a site and some sound file starts playing. They could have a link to a sound file and if I want to I will listen. But if I go to a site and some song , or some sales pitch starts playing on my speakers then I usually leave the site right away. Just imagine if every time you came to talk graphics some song started playing on your computer. And then there is no option to turn it off unless you turn your speakers down. And it is some song you dont even like. Wow, there probaly wouldn't many visitors here.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    I don't have a website because of my "mental" problem. When I get to building a website I constantly see something I could do better so I am always not happy with the result. I 've been planning to build a website about 3 months ago. I am still deciding whether to make it pure Flash (with HTML mapping for the search engines), plain HTML with pictures and CSS layout (and should I put the menues to the right, on the top or to the left) or maybe I should use tabs, or anything else? Anyway... I am having serious decision problems
    You told absolutely I want to say.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    When I get to building a website I constantly see something I could do better so I am always not happy with the result.
    I make a new site every time I see something I could do better. Right now I have about 10 sites and I made other 10-15 for my clients.
    IP

Yes, you can find it at www.alepacca.altervista.org and I made all the buttons in Xara...
    IP