Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default OpenOffice Integration

Hello there,

First off, I just want to say how much I appreciate seeing the successor to Artworks turning up on Linux. Just the sight of the blue grid layout gave me flashbacks to the first time I used !Draw on my old A310.

Anyway, on to my point. I was wondering if there are any plans to support OLE integration with StarOffice/OpenOffice, either as the full application or just the render engine. I find the OpenOffice draw application pretty useless, and being able to use Xara as an alternative would be a major plus for both applications.

Chris.
    IP

Default Re: OpenOffice Integration

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Being able to paste into or link with an Open Office document would be a great idea.

Alex or Charles have either of you heard any discussion about the possibility of including the ability to OLE with Star/Open Office?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

+ so far as supporting every special format used by other programs, I think this is unreasonable... and, likewise, I seriously doubt we will see a huge
    mega-app integrating these or other programs... generally, they grow too
    large just expanding features themselves.
    What can be done already along these lines, is export from XaraLX in a format which OpenOffice or other applications recognize... I used OpenOffice for quite a while, and I believe it could handle input in several vector formats, as well as many raster formats.

Quote Originally Posted by CJH View Post
    I was wondering if there are any plans to support OLE integration with StarOffice/OpenOffice, either as the full application or just the render engine. I find the OpenOffice draw application pretty useless, and being able to use Xara as an alternative would be a major plus for both applications.

Chris.
    IP

Synergy with the DTP app Scribus could be very interesting too !

kindly,
    ivan
    IP