Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tracing and fill help?

Please help if you can, I am very new to all types of graphical work and I am lost.
    Below is an image that I traced in Xtreme saved as an .xar and imported into X3D6.
    http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/66/sdnio3.gif
    My problem is this, I seem to be able to create the outlines, okish, but there are parts that I need solid colours.
    I can do normal letters like the 's' and the 'n' in the logo, but I really get stuck when there are letters like the 'd' in the logo. Other's would be 'q', capital 'R', 'e', 'o', 'a' etc
    Basically the letters/numbers that have an inner 'shape'.
    Also I would prefer the shield to be of one solid colour.
    I apologise if this doesn't make sense, but as I say I am pretty clueless about it all at the moment. I did try and search for an answer but I just haven't a clue what to look for.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Tracing and fill help?

Look at the Arrange menu. In the example, I drew a set of objects and grouped then. Then drew a outline object and use an Arrange function to subtract the group from the larger object. It is the same with more simple things, too. You need to have closed objects for fills. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arrange.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	29016  

Thumbs up Re: Tracing and fill help?

Thanks muchly for the response Rich.

Hello vikes and welcome.
    To make the cut out shapes you will have to do as Rich said. First make the outline shape of the letter like the black "d" that I made. Then make the inner shape and to make it easier I make it another color like blue. Then do the arrange, combine shapes, subtract. Now you will have your "d" with the middle cutout.
    If you make the shield a solid shape in X3d then just do the out line of the shield. Now you would need to make a normal graphic of the shield as the way you wanted it with the solid color of the shield and the solid letters. Export that as a gif or jpg. Then in x3d you would use that as the texture to put on the solid shield shape that you made. I hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d.gif 
Views:	185 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	29017  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Thanks for the reply Bruce.