photoNumbers
    staticTime
    Loaded

So instead of having :

var duration:Number = 20;
    you would have:

var duration:Number = staticTime;
    Albacore,

Yes I looked at the Flash 8 template slideshow but I always enjoy creating my own. That way I know what each piece of code does. Also I often find that the solutions that come preinstalled in Flash can be very large filesize wise. For example, drop a scroll bar component on the stage......the file size jumps by 34Kbs. That's 9 seconds on a dial up connection.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Creating a slideshow from external images

Oh you meant the loadVariable command so thats what the "&" for now I get it
    IP

Default Re: Creating a slideshow from external images

Thanks for all of your help everyone. Fortunately my boss had a web developer pass along another great solution. It's open source code, so I definitely had to pass it along.

The attachment is a zip file which contains an .fla (version 8) a .swf an images folder and an .xml file.

The current flash movie is set to 720 x 480 pixels. Anyone can use that as is and just modify the xml and image directory to put in your own pix. If you wanted to change the canvas size of the flash movie, you'd have to edit the fla. This seems to be the most flexible. Unfortunately this is a version 8 file in case you have an earlier flash version.

Looking at the action script, this code is attributed to Todd Dominey
    http://whatdoiknow.org/archives/001962.shtml
    For twenty bucks you can also buy his advanced slideshow which frankly is a great solution for an online portfolio or image gallery.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP