Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Time dependent object ?

Is there a way to link a flash object to time. I have a few images I'd want to compile in a flash movie, graphics of a schedule. Or I guess they could be text objects. The schedule area would change based on the time. So for example, image x, is a movie clip. An area in the flash movie, would be coded to be: "If system time is greater than 5:30pm, replace image x with image y, and then at 9:30 replace image y with image z.
    IP

Default Re: Time dependent object ?

Hi Michael,

"The Date object lets you retrieve date and time values relative to universal time (Greenwich Mean Time, now called universal time or UTC) or relative to the operating system on which the Flash Player is running..." (source: ActionScript Dictionary together with a short example code)

Regards,
    Remi
    IP

Further to Remi's reply:

It's worth remembering that January is Month 0 thru to December being Month 11. Similarly Sunday is Day 0 thru to Saturday being 6.

Dates however start at 1, as do hours etc.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

THAT'S the closet thing I found for you
    IP

Here's one that displays the time & date.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP