Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: newbie on board needing suggestions

Ah, that's sweet Inty sweet.

Well, your drawings show great promise. Dinos need more sinister lighting or they turn into pets. Next thing Inty's going to potty train the thing.

"Now Dino, how many times have I told you to remember to put up new toilet paper when you use it all up, where do you think you are living, in the jungle?"

Here's that sweet pet with a bit more reality. More dramatic lighting and background add to the effect. Predatory animals hunt in the twilight.

At first I thought I had lost this beasty, UI10 crashed on me out of sheer fear of the savage beast but left a present behind on my desktop, a .uas file, a recovery file. How nice, didn't know UI could do that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spooky dino.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	28897  
    Last edited by sallybode; 20 August 2006 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Adding an offering of Uleadean Art from the Jurassic
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Someone has a real nasty side to them don't they?
    Great picture though .. . nice work.
    IP

Cool Re: newbie on board needing suggestions

Sorry your site, it is very nice, love the calla lily, and the animation page is great, but you should put some of the animation you've done here too. You are a very funny man.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Sorry your site, it is very nice, love the calla lily, and the animation page is great, but you should put some of the animation you've done here too. You are a very funny man.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
    Er ... you didn't >grin<
    I did put a winkie smiley by the comment.

That site needs a complete overhaul.
    Needs to be more professional.
    It's not a fun thing anymore, I need to do some business.

Too often folks take me seriously when I'm joking and think I'm joking when I'm being serious .. dunno how to get around that.

One thing I have learned, though, is that busting out laffin' during a funeral service is not a useful thing to do.

Funny, just not really useful.
    IP

First off- good animation! Dino's do make some awsome pets
    They are very hard to paint.. to me..
    The background you used sally.. is that just like a mask or did you use a background from something else?
    I still need lots of practice as you can see. You have some amazing hands and a creative mind. lol sorry but the head tops it off.. that was funny!

I have a dark painted picture I did but it doesnt have trees it would set the dino in a setting of "godzilla" really. I just really like the look of the tree's and the shading.. Now trying to paint those individually would take me some time.
    That really is a awsome picture, sally!

Intbel- I know this is none of my business, but I wanted to say: Keep working at it.. You will find what will work eventually expressing yourself. Ive had that same problem too.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelz76 View Post
    Keep working at it.. You will find what will work eventually expressing yourself. Ive had that same problem too.
    I do I do .. really annoys folks, heheh!
    IP

To Jewelz,
    The picture in the back is one of the stock photos that comes with PI. I put it on a layer above one filled with black. Did some lighting effects I think to give the time of day I was after. I actually did not extact the background. I used the eraser tool as it lets me take off the eraser if I make a mess of things. I do that a lot.
    If I were using another program, I'd used a clipping mask, and you could do that in PI, just felt like using the eraser. With anything you can draw on the screen, there is ofter several ways to do it. Just pick the one you like at the moment.

I distorted your picture using PI's warp tools, they are lots of fun. Your spikes down the back, are a bit too regular, like saw teeth, in nature, animals that are preditors look a bit mor gnarly. You got some amazing texture on the beastie, how did you do that?
    Last edited by sallybode; 20 August 2006 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Added more response to the questions.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Sally- That probably why I never seen it. I really dont work with the backgrounds on there. Matter of fact I dont even
    think Ive even paid much attention to be honest. lol Now I do use textures, etc. That is where the texture of the skin came in
    .. I used it in the skin area in PI. I would assume dinosaurs have a scaley type of skin.. So I knew the texture would fit perfect.
    Then cloned/blurred/then sharpened. Until it looked exactly what I had in mind. I use the retouch up tool alot.
    Im very fond of the warping tool.. I think I just need more practice with it.
    Thank you for your input. I really am going to apply that to my work. My dino does look pretty stiff (bones).
    You have no idea how much that helps me out justing seeing how creative it could be.. It will push me to become better.

Intbel- I know the feeling.. lol
    IP

The other thing with gaining realism is to find some way of fixing a familiar object with a subject that we don't know how big it is. We know the size of a human head.

If the beast doesn't look menacing enough, for what most people think of as dinosaurs, you get Barnie, the purple dinosaur, should be Pepto Bismal pink, ad nauseum forget-that-you-ever-say-em-a-sore-ass-for sure! Gee, Sally needs to get a refresher course on how not to make run-on sentences!

Interactive fun here means we are all barefoot 'cause we tease the socks right off of you!

Like Intbel, he's gone native, his wild beard, which is a handy place to leave the pen to the digital tablet, I reckon. Lasts we heard it is a bug deflector.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Section fron beard close-up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beardy.gif 
Views:	189 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	28931  
    IP