First off.. Thanks for warm welcoming to your board and the compliments! I am thrilled to be here

Great sense of humor (Remi)! lol I was going to go with the lunch look, but as I got to painting I was more focused on the texture of his skin.. I should go back and either change color or shade some in.. I definately dont want his choppers a focal point

However, I think I might go with the volcano (great idea, grafixman!).. Id love to try to paint a prehistoric bird in the background maybe on a rock. After reading and thinking I think I have a visual picture I do want to keep the dino close up as is. Ill try out a combo of all the suggestions. See how it turns out. I was really stuck on it. And yes (Kiwi) background do require lots of thinking and creativity .. I have other paintings I did that I had no problem with backgrounds.. It just clicked. Now Im trying to explore larger areas (stuff I know I can't draw! lol)
(Drifter) The girl's hair took me forever! lol Layers are very hard to do (imo).