Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question simbol of Russia

My friends are going to take part in technical exhibition in Munich and ask me to draw a big picture for their exposition . They want everybody is watching on the picture immediately understand that their company is from Russia. Problem for me is to chouse a symbol which talk everybody (maybe lot of people) about Russia. Actually I don`t want to use matrioshka, balalaika, vodka, St. Basil, Kremlin, bear and some other hardly chewed signs .
    Can anybody to give any idea ?

Default Re: simbol of Russia

Maybe a text logo in Cyrillic?
    Cyrillic is almost universally recognised as being Russian.

Maybe an image of Russian folk dance.

Some photos of a Folk Dance Ensamble from Houston Texas: http://www.uzoridancegroup.com/photos.htm
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

hm... no matrioshka, balalaika, vodka? That's hard, Valery

My first thoughts goes to
    • The old flag of the UDSSR.
    • Санкт-Петербу́рг (Saint Petersburg) with the Eremitage (Эрмитаж, Ermitaʒ)
    • A man with a winter-hat with big coat over the ears.
    • The quotation „Wer zu spät kommt, den bestraft das Leben“ ("He who comes too late is punished by life") from Mihail Sergeevič Gorbačëv (Mikhail Gorbachev) (this is a misquotation, Gorbachev has said "Dangers await only those who do not react to life." but the Interpreter has translated this sentence a little bit wrong). But this quotation is very well known in Germany and Gorbachev is very popular in Germany, also.

Regards,
    Remi

Thank you very much guys.

Part from what you already mentioned...

Thinking of Russia:

- Snow, ice, cold, wind and a tundra wolf howling to a full moon - with a silhouette of your "theme/product".

- Pretty eyes, tall, red cheeks, frosty breath wearing a fur coat and hat out of a tundra wolf... (not howling...) - with a background of your theme/product.

Hockey (go Alexander Ovechkin!) - Caviar - Russian lettering (as per Intbel) - big russian men with over-sized moustaches lifting things that normal people don't lift... - ballet..

Perhaps not quite so positive imagery:
    Kalashnikov, T82 and the Mig29...

Valery,

You didn't make it easy on us... by taking away the most obvious.

Also thinking of painters, writers, music, language and food etc. but they are not very easily recognizable as visual elements on a poster.

Perhaps some sort of collage like thing will give people (visitors/customers) a chance to find what they are "looking" for or recognize.

I'm sure many elements have been over-used - but a clever collage (your take on of things) might make it all fresh and interesting again?

Risto

Don't forget the Lada Taxi!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LadaTaxi.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	28821  

Hi Valerie,

I think the old flag of the USSR really was based on the symbol of the Third International, with the red field going back to the Paris Commune and the hammer and sickle representing the union of workers and peasants. So maybe it would not be exclusively Russian, as the Third International had organizations from dozens of countries in its heyday. It is true that the hammer and sickle (originally hammer and plow) came from Russia, but several other countries have variations on the hammer and sickle in their flags, and it has been a symbol used by dozens of communist parties, many with quite different politics.

Anyhow, if you want a Russian theme that shows the heritage of the USSR, to my untrained eye, this image looks both suitably Russian and reflective of the Russian revolution. There is just something very Russian about it to my American eyes.

Regards,

Alan

Wow! I can't believe people know so much about Russia. I almost forgot how it looks

I was born in Sankt Petirburg (Formely Leningrad). But I was very small when I came here. I still speak, read and write Russian fluedly.

My new gf has just come from Russia and I see a lot of difference between us. The way she speaks and the culture. Peculiar

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Wow! I can't believe people know so much about Russia. I almost forgot how it looks

I was born in Sankt Petirburg (Formely Leningrad). But I was very small when I came here. I still speak, read and write Russian fluedly.

My new gf has just come from Russia and I see a lot of difference between us. The way she speaks and the culture. Peculiar
    Time marches on, Availor. We have a saying in English, "You can't go home again." It means that if you stay away from your childhood home for a long time and go back, you will find many changes, and it just will not be the way you remember it. That can seem sad sometimes.

Regards,

Alan