Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default pdf test lets try

Hi, I have the following file that has text, transparency, shadow and gradation in it with CMYK swatches. Can we try the following program to see if they all or some come out good.

Export from xtreme using pdf

then import to following if you have the programs

Illustrator CS1
    Quark 6
    Indesign CS1

I would love to see how it works for you, even screen shots of it in those programs would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: pdf test lets try

Not that this helps your cause, but thought others with Paint Shop Pro, capable of importing PDF, that your XAR file exported as PDF worked without a hitch importing into PSP version 9.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testpdf.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	28639  

Not illustrator but opened PDF in Serif PagePlus and Serif DrawPlus where it opened with no problem and identical to look at, YOUR CMYK VALUES REPRODUCED EXACTLY. All fully editable of course.
    Not sure what it proves though.

Name:	drawplus pdf.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	28648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pageplus pdf.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	28649  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altered pdf.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	28650  
    Last edited by masque; 13 August 2006 at 04:44 PM.

Can't see the point of this behzad, but did it any way. You do know that in InDesign CS 1 you can only place a PDF file and really its only a high quality bitmap. Sampled colours in both AI CS1 and InDesign and all the colours matched or at least rounded to the nearest full number which you would expect and everything else looked reasonablely correct and because InDesign recognises it was developed through RGB palette gives that pallette numbers but they are correct.
    Design is thinking made visual.

[QUOTE=Albacore;168316]Can't see the point of this behzad,

The point of this is to see which program it is most compatible with. Indesign cs1 looks like this. As you said albacore things look okay, but big difference in cmyk values, why? Because pdf export in xara xtreme outputs pdf as RGB and not CMYK values.

Name:	indesign cs1.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	28651  

[QUOTE=behzad;168322]
    Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Can't see the point of this behzad,

The point of this is to see which program it is most compatible with. Indesign cs1 looks like this. As you said albacore things look okay, but big difference in cmyk values, why? Because pdf export in xara xtreme outputs pdf as RGB and not CMYK values.
    It /may/ be because Indesign converts them to RGB on import. Try generating a PDF with C, M, and Y full, but no K, and use ghostview or similar to view the individual plates.

Alex

Please look at this and this thread and study the answers about choosing the right colors to create CMYK output. I think, the last thread was created by yourself.

Regards,
    Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Please look at this and this thread and study the answers about choosing the right colors to create CMYK output. I think, the last thread was created by yourself.

Regards,
    Remi
    Thanks Remi, The post was not created by me but I did participate in it.

Actually, the only thing it proves is that the image was exported without an ICC profile for portability. There are ICC profilers available some free, some good, some not so good.

Of course, it doesn't allow for the fact that most graphic programs will import screen resolution images and their respective images in RGB and not CMYK.

You're gonna need some serious Pantone processing equipment if you want to calibrate colors precisely from one program to another. Personally, I don't feel like paying $12K per license.

CMYK has to do with Printer's INK. It can be exported with profiles out for a job just fine. However, without a profiler like ICC or some Pantone comparisons, you won't be able to prove anything in a screen resolution environment.

And here's another tidbit for you;

Never try to match colors in a real world store where they have fluorescent lighting. Why? Because the frequency of the light will throw off refractive/reflective values of your colors way out of kilter.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Thanks Remi, The post was not created by me but I did participate in it.
    Yes, you're right. I read the name wrong. Sorry...
    Last edited by remi; 13 August 2006 at 11:05 AM.