Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: pdf test lets try

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    ..., but Adobe Reader switches into CMYK mode and doesn't convert the CMYK colors to your RGB screen. Instead, Adobe Reader applies a default color management profile to your PDF file when displaying. This profile makes CMYK colors look darker.[*] Open both PDF files with Adobe Reader: The colors doesn't match the colors from Adobe Illustrator or Xara Xtreme, but both colors are the same (wrong) colors.[/LIST]
    Remi
    Isn't the difference due to the screen only dispaying in RGB;the conversion from the CMYK image to the screen dispay will inevitably lose something in the conversion.
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Harry W. View Post
    Isn't the difference due to the screen only dispaying in RGB;the conversion from the CMYK image to the screen dispay will inevitably lose something in the conversion.
    Harry
    Yes, you're right, but in this example the difference between Xara Xtreme or Adobe Illustrator preview and the Adobe Reader preview is huge and that's only the problem of Adobe Reader and not Xara Xtreme or Adobe Illustrator.

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    I wish it would be so easy - my monitor is calibrated, and quite recently. What did you check the pdf with?

Anyway monitor calibration shouldn't affect this at all, maybe Adobe Reader just can't display CMYK colours properly? The problem is that neither Xara's Show printer colours or normal RGB view is even close to the color I get in the pdf.

(Obviously lack of skills is the main culprit here :-( )
    With this tool I can check...but just did a visual...sample taken where tiny red dot is (the drakerblue for the quote.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	check cmyk.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	28759  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 15 August 2006 at 05:32 PM.