Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exploring Creative Transform

Subject: Animating a face in a few frames then adding objects. I didnt realize there are music notes that you can draw as a premade shape. Works a lot better than using the font I have for my sheet music program, PI doesn't recognize it and bringing the notes in as bitmaps, means the background is white and mulitply is not recognized in GIF Animator, so what's a mother to do??? It also can't use Eliminate White (Boo, hoo!) but ooh, la, la for what PI can do! And at such a price. It's such a bargain, Can we Talk? (Please replay this last sentence in your head with the voice of Joan Rivers, much funnier).

This is called improvization untill the learning curve kicks in.

And an interesting technique though I am being roasted elsewhere. (You guys are not helping with the hot flashes, you know.)

For those of you who are serious animators (are any of us serious for more than five minutes??? --- how can you help it, it is too funny), may take note of what you can achieve it just a few frames.

Watch out or I'll morph Drifter into puberty and he'll need Clearasil!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sallybode; 27 August 2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Forgot the animation whilst being witty... ah, come on
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: Exploring Creative Transform

what???????

hahahahahaha

and just because i'm 55 does NOT mean i still don't get pimples....unfortunately, and unbelievably
    IP

Sally,

I set PIXL to my other plugins, and none of the white eliminators worked. A lot of the filters didn't show active either. I maight need to try another image. I haven't used this since Image Pals, and it is somewhat different. I sort of remember the EC4K set is different that the one for Extreme.

Rich
    IP

PhotoImpact does things differently, and some filters don't work. So when you can't do things one way, you think another to accomplish what you couldn't before.

Tools work differently than other programs but there are some very creative things you can do, you just have to learn to use the tools to your advantage.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I changed to a different image, more colors. The other was a gray JPG. More of the filters became available.

I guess transparency is related to a mask function. Not sure what is needed.

Rich
    IP

PI's transparency is really in the stone age compared to other programs. It's like having a Photoshop layer with the transparency permanently locked. I don't know why they (the developers) haven't even tried to fix it yet.
    You can't draw on transparent areas around existing object layers. You have to create a new layer to draw on with the brush tool then after you changed to the pick tool, that layer is "fixed" again. So no smearing or smuding existing layers to modify the masked edges...
    Might be the reason why eliminate white filter doesn't work.
    It's also one of my main disappointment in PI. But as Sally said, you learn to workaround those things...
    And yes, Bob gets pimples, in parts hidden away... remember that lurking inside the loo is my "other" hobby...
    Last edited by Grafixman; 28 August 2006 at 03:37 PM.
    IP

uh oh...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    uh oh...
    Well.. what sort of response did you expect?
    IP

I was able to make an 8 bit grayscale image for a mask/selection. In PI, black is transparent and white is opaque.

Having a white background was a little confusing at first. How do you change that to indicate a transparent background. I loaded a PNG and it showed a checkered background.

Rich
    IP

Transparent backgrounds are checkered.

Masking works similar to Photoshop, but the selection tool, I have not found works much like other programs, you can use your vector tools to describe your shape and then change that to a selection. On the other hand the selections you get are much more accurate than other means of creating selections. From what I have experienced, the selection wand tool works on the bottom layer.

The eraser is a great tool, because it remains undoable longer than any other eraser in other programs and it is a great way to subtract a background. If you make a mistake, there's a button you can paint your pixels right back in with, so that is handy.

There are times I really needed to have transparency eliminate white or black work, so I did it in another program and brought it in to find that the white or back was back again. That was because I wasn't saving to .png. Png holds the transparency.

BTW, Inty, was that one of the Simpsons in your animation?

Sally M. Bode
    IP