Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: SVG import / export status ?

Quote Originally Posted by jedfrechette
    Using the TARBALL version of rev. 1691 SVG shows up in the import menu but the import fails complaining that the file is not suitable for the chosen filter (SVG). SVG files are not recognized when trying to import using "All files"

--
    Jed
    You might try deleting your preferences (this is the equivalent of the "reinstall windows" helpine suggestion I know, but there is a specific reason why it's useful here).

Alex
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jedfrechette
    Using the TARBALL version of rev. 1691 SVG shows up in the import menu but the import fails complaining that the file is not suitable for the chosen filter (SVG). SVG files are not recognized when trying to import using "All files"

--
    Jed
    I'm using the autopackage version and seeing the same thing. The weird thing is that on my machine at home running the same revision, the same files that this machine says it can't import, the other can.

Tried dumping the preferences, but that didn't fix the problem.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Odat
    I'm using the autopackage version and seeing the same thing. The weird thing is that on my machine at home running the same revision, the same files that this machine says it can't import, the other can.

Tried dumping the preferences, but that didn't fix the problem.
    Which autopackage version?

Alex
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by abligh
    You might try deleting your preferences
    I've already tried this, unfortunately, with no luck. The SVG entries and new templates still appear in the menus but importing (or exporting) doesn't work. Both fail with "Plugin filter reported an error but didn't provide a message." I thought I might be having problems because I also had the Debian package of xaralx installed but purging the package didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by remi
    It seems, the current implementation of the svg import filter supports only lines, rectangles, polylines and paths with flat fills.
    I've also tried files containing single instances of these shapes with no luck. That being said I wouldn't be ready to rule out the possibility that my SVG is bad.

I see that the subversion server has a number of test SVG files. I don't have the time to do it at the moment but I will take a look at these and try to narrow down what is going on as soon as I have a chance.
    Jed
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by abligh
    Which autopackage version?

Alex
    r1691, downloaded earlier today. I also get the dialog saying "The plugin reported an error but not a message" (or whatever the text is).

On my other machine the same revision works just fine, using the same sample files.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.
    IP

In Inkscape 0,43 - I save simple rectangle. When try import to Xara rev. 1685[autopackage] (selected type files on SVG) Xara reply "This file may not be suitable for this filter - are you sure you wish to continue ?", when selected "Import" reply is "Plugin filter reported an error but didn't provide a message"
    IP

Xara 1692 downloaded and tested with resuts above (rectangle saving on Inkscape no filled)
    IP

Hello,

Can you try running the filter from the command line, e.g.

xarasvgfilter -i -f inputfile.svg > outputfile.xar

...should convert the svg file to a xar file which you should be able to load into XaraLX.

xarasvgfilter -c -f inputfile.svg

...should print a number between 0 and 10 (0 if it isn't an SVG file and 10 if it is).

Cheers,
    Gerry
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Korab View Post
    When try import to Xara rev. 1685[autopackage] (selected type files on SVG) Xara reply "This file may not be suitable for this filter - are you sure you wish to continue ?", when selected "Import" reply is "Plugin filter reported an error but didn't provide a message"
    I got such a result when installing as user with tar.bz2. There the problem was that xarasvgfilter was not in the path (I called ./xaralx/bin/xaralx).

If you have an unusual location for the installation (i.e. not /usr/ with /usr/bin/xaralx) this could also be your problem.

Does which xarasvgfilter work (shows where that executable is installed)?

Tobias
    IP

Right gentelman I can't load xarasvgfilter

Xara was instaled with privilege regular user from package into home directory.
    Where I can set right path to xarasvgfilter (myHome/.local/bin)
    IP