Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Need a spinning crown

Hwy101, it is a Xara3D file, x3d extension. You will need at least Xara3D version 5 to open it correctly.

Mike

Question Re: Need a spinning crown

Mike, Have 3D6 and none of the files, this thread, show when I search to Open - Is the File a 'Different' one then posted to these messages or 'In' another thread? Or one that I have to ReName?

Stumped - Tom

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Hwy101, it is a Xara3D file, x3d extension. You will need at least Xara3D version 5 to open it correctly.

Mike
    Tom - Hwy101

Tom, I wonder if it is a similar problem to the one that Drifter experienced. When you click on the link for the file in your browser, does it save the file somewhere, or ask you for an application to open it with? What browser are you using? Try saving it to a particular location and check the name it ends up with. There is a space in the filename that I posted, and that space can be translated to %20.

Mike

Talking Re: Need a spinning crown

Okay Mike - I got the file "Crown 1.X3D" that You uploaded -when Opened in 3d - Top Alternately Point 'Up' then 'Down' - Was that what was Intended?

Let me go back (& touch on a few other Crowns 8-)):

Crown anim -saw this one turning back & forth

half crown anim - Very Good / Play on Words Excellent! ;-^)

but, the original thing I was trying to Animate/figure how to Open with 3D was the Post (turns out 2 images):

crown rings
    Ring excerpt

I couldn't see or figure How to Animate to 'see' a Spinning Crown -Neophyle

Clear as 'Mud' now... 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    I wouldn't bother, here is the X3D file that generated the crown, with my compliments.

Mike
    Tom - Hwy101

OK, I see where you are coming from, now.

The spinning crown animation is a synthesis between Xara3D and XaraXtreme. The original shapes (rings and ring segments, etc) were made in XaraXtreme, and exported to Xara3D where they were extruded, positioned, and lit.

The positioning of the rings above each other in X3D is unnatural in the sense that X3D doesn't normally allow this, so I made use of one of X3D's inbuilt animation options (Ripple), and then froze it on frame 2 in mid-ripple. This gives me a static view of the completed crown.

If I want it to spin, I can't then apply a different animation, eg Rotate, to the crown within X3D without losing the Ripple animation, so instead, I merely change the viewpoint of the crown in regular steps, and export static images to empty animation frames in XaraXtreme, building up the animation manually, and finally export the animated gif from XaraXtreme.

I hope this helps. It probably sounds quite complicated, but the part most people seem to have trouble with is the frozen animation bit. I realised a while ago while trying to emulate an animation I had seen elsewhere that X3D's inbuilt animations move objects around in ways that its normal positioning methods can't acheive, and so once an animation moves things to where you want them, you can just pause the animation to freeze the objects in their animated positions. After that it is just a case of picking which frames you want to export, and if you change viewpoint in the meantime, that can add further to an animation.

Mike

Wow! Good observin' and figurin', Mike!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Wow! Good observin' and figurin', Mike!!!!!
    I'll 2nd that Mike -Now to try and step thru to understand better - Thanks
    Tom - Hwy101

Hi everyone, is this cown supposed to spin? What I have is a ripple effect.
    I had it spinning, but the whole crown is not visible. Is there any way to correct this so that the whole crown is visible while it is spinning?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Del View Post
    Hi everyone, is this cown supposed to spin? What I have is a ripple effect.
    I had it spinning, but the whole crown is not visible. Is there any way to correct this so that the whole crown is visible while it is spinning?
    Hi Dr. Del, Is it a kind of spinning you are after?

I could not make a crown as good as Mike, so I am using Mike's image file. Mike I should ask your permission in advance. Hopefully, you do not mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crownspin2.gif 
Views:	375 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	32856  
    Last edited by ren2980; 04 December 2006 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ren2980 View Post
    Hi Dr. Del, Is it a kind of spinning you are after?

I could not make a crown as good as Mike, so I am using Mike's image file. Mike I should ask your permission in advance. Hopefully, you do not mind.
    Thanks, but I have already succeeded with that much of the crown.
    Your crown also is only part of the crown. We must be doing something wrong.

Dr.Del