Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

@gidgit - I can't really detect any difference between the images you have posted. I was merely pointing out what the glass index was. It would be an interesting experiment to try different object and settings to see how it looks. Maybe after class is over.

My image is done rendering, it took 22:03:45. I turned the Ray & Reflection depths up. Anyway, the glass is made from one Loft Nurb. Now I just have to finish the other parts of my assignment tomorrow night!

-Tek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lofted_glass_2004_0722_1e_JC8.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	7267  

haha, Mike, you are a card

Teknal... np's, I really did appreciate the information... cause I really didn't know such, and it was a good number to base this quick test from... and yes, I would surely be interested in doing up more tests whenever you have time so as we could compare notes... really facinating stuff for sure

Holy cow... you are a one man C4D experience here... very cool piece...

22 hours... yikes... What are your machine specs if you don't mind me enquiring?

@gidgit - Thanks My specs are win2k pro running on a system I put together the year before last if I remember correctly. It has an AMD XP 1800+ cpu and an Asus A7V333 motherboard with 1GB of ram. I think I can't go up past 2400 on the cpu because I have rev.1 of the motherboard with the lower fsb where rev.2 could use the next cpus that came out after mine. Money is so tight right now but hopefully I can upgrade to something faster in the next 6-8 months.

As a point of reference the refraction index on my glass for this vase was set at 1.52

Arnold
    Attached Images Attached Images

@ Teknal... thanx for the specs... wow, that's a pretty quick machine you already have... I knows what ya mean about the expence involved... I just went from a 400 celeron to a amd 2200+ last month... and yes, I too look forward to upgrading asap

Hey thanks Arnold... wow, that really looks nice... 1.52 duly noted

hey, would you care to share with us on just how you went about creating that beautiful vase... particularly the detailing along the sides ...

Finally got some time to play with C4D and the refraction for glass. A simple loft nurbs glass made with circle-rings. One Omni light source. Refractions as noted in the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glassesR2.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	14504  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

haha, right on Bill... gee, so close eh... I mean for what ever little difference there is, I seriously doubt it would make any difference at all within the grande scheme of things...

Thanks for posting this test result Bill