Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moebius rings

Ok, here's my Wings tutorial: Clickety-Click (and now the images are linked correctly too)

Compaired to the original tutorial, in my tutorial I have another way of rotating the pieces: you only have to remember the 45' angle, and how to divide and multiply it by 2
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

wow... wow wow... you guys are rock'n

This is great work by both of you guys- Mike, Paul... I really thank you two for taking the time to do up these tuts, and I hope that more than just one or two members here at TG will appreciate these as much as I do

Later today I think I will sit down and attempt to build me one of these here fancy rings... Just awesome work guys [thumbs way high]

Nice work gentlemen

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Paul,

brilliant idea and execution!

With Rhino the construction of a moebius ring is kind of simple - see below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m-ring04.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	9591  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hey good work Jens Always nice to see some different apps and methods applied

Now then, how about going all the way you guys,rolling up those sleeves and taking a stab at modeling this shape through to a finished ring as Paul has done here... textured and rendered to look like it would be an actual piece of jewlery

anybody game?

Well ... I guess that answered THAT question ... nice work Mike!

THAT question... Haha, Ed, you kill me

I seriously doubt that there are as many good tutorials online for creating Mobius Rings as there are to create say the human head...

and... I really doubt that there are many sites online which could boast tutorials on how to create this wonderful piece via utilizing such a variety of apps to do so... this thread has quickly become a fantastic resource for any and all...

Mike, right on... these rings are unique and wonderful... any tips on how to create this manly looking gold finish? [thumbs up ]

Keep em coming guys...

Gidgit, material is Zbrush noise bump. A fairly basic shader with noise and color bump. I used a single light with a high intensity but with a soft shadow. Lighting has a lot to do with how things look.