Why bother opening another programme to do the same job which could be done in AI. Have a look at the link page on this thread or look at my description on how to do single sided biz cards:http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=30275

Normally when you take a long your file to your local print shop they would assemble you file to suit there page size for their printers so all you have to do is to ask the page size that they use be SRA3 or larger and then copy the drawing on to that page size. Before this set out your page using a rectangle to the exact size of your card and with a bit of finger hopping with Ctrl and Alt. copy your rectangle along the top of the page, group these rectangles then do the same down the page. You can after making your first rectangle put on your crop marks for cutting and copy those as well but sometimes that can get messy and I like to put those on later, I know it is slower but it is the way I do it.

I can see the reason for using ID for your layout just for the easy layout and the excellent PDF export so yes I do use ID for larger work as I have only CS and copy & paste can produce poor quality in that version if you have used some special effects. If it is just plain vectors no problem and thanks for the reminder how easy it is to layout things in ID.