Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default help! painter9 won't start anymore

Hello, i've got this problem, i hope someone can help me :)
    I've been using painter 9 for awhile now, with an intuos3 tablet. A few days ago, my tilt sensitivity stopped working in painter. I tried photoshop and artrage, and they both responded to tilt. So i tried to upgrade to version 9.1 and then 9.5, in hope that the problem would be fixed. It didn't, in fact painter 9.5 crashed after 5 minutes of use. So i uninstalled and went back to my painter 9.0. But now i get this error message:
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...d4/painter.jpg
    I haven't modified anything, i've tried reinstalling and repairing but they don't seem to do anything :( i don't know what to do, i don't care about tilt, i just want painter to run again. Please help!
    Thank you for your time!
    IP

Default Re: help! painter9 won't start anymore

Hi,

I think you'll have better luck getting a useful response for your problem if you post your message on the Corel Painter IX newsgroup, including your complete system specs and any other information that might help to figure out the solution:

Add Server: cnews.corel.com

Subscribe to: c.PainterIX

Good luck!
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

How do you open newsgroups?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    How do you open newsgroups?
    I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my e-mail and news reader, and previously use Netscape's Messenger for e-mail and newsgroups. They're very similar and setting up newsgroups is the same in both.

Though various e-mail and news reader software will work slightly differently, I'll explain how I set up newsgroups:

In the Thunderbird File menu, I chose New > Account, checked Newsgroup Account, clicked the Next button and filled in the appropriate information to finish setting up the newsgroup account.

In the File menu, I clicked Subscribe. In the Subscribe dialog box, I chose the appropriate newsgroup account from the Account drop down list. Below Select the newsgroup to subscribe to, I chose the appropriate newsgroup and clicked the Subscribe button, then clicked the OK button.

Now my newsgroup account and newsgroup were listed at the bottom of the left panel, below my list of e-mail folders.

I clicked the newsgroup name. When asked if I wanted to download the last 500 messages, I clicked yes (or whatever the appropriate button was), waited, and when they were all downloaded, I could begin reading and posting to the newsgroup.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Try re-installing your tablet driver. I've done it a couple of times to correct problems and it works.

Good Luck, Steve
    IP

I agree - at one stage with IX.5 I had to reinstall both, tablet first [wacom graphire].
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Just a weirdity here - I have a Genuis G-Pen 4500 which I use on Intel Mac using Painter X and it works fantastically. However quite a different story with Photoshop CS2 - application hangs after every brushstroke.

Still have not got the tablet app balance properly sorted out. I had a quick play with Vista and hated it - no updated drivers yet either to allow you to use your tablet. Even on XP I was not too impressed with it

That said I would definitely like an Intuos3 A4 or A5 a little further down the line - or maybe a cintiq if I start making some real money! I already have a graphire 2 which I am separated from as I took it home with me last year to Ireland.

I finally took my laptop today and threw it against the wall - Goodbye to Windows and good riddance! Too many reasons to go into here but I have to say I have been thoroughly spoilt since I bought my Intel iMac and I intend to buy another as soon as I have the cash!
    IP