Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webstyle 4.0, Vista and missing NavBar

I'm using FrontPage2003 to design my websites. I've tried changing the compatibility in Webstyle4 to both XP and 2000. Have the same problem either way.

With the new computer running Vista (home premium), everything on the website works fine except the NavBar.

I can see it in the Design window but it is missing in the Preview window. I've checked to be sure that everything is in the proper folder. I've tried deleting all the NavBar files in the website folder and starting fresh. It looks great in the Design window but again nothing there in the Preview window. Assuming that it might just be "unseeable" on my computer, I uploaded it but again no NavBar on the internet site.

I've looked through the solutions on Xara website, but these are directed at having the files in the proper folder or re-inserting the NavBar - have done both and it doesn't help.

I am currently using typed hyperlinks in the website until I can get this straightened out.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is it an incompatibility thing with Vista - or something I'm missing. I've been using both FrontPage2003 and Webstyle for several years without a problem.

Default Re: Webstyle 4.0, Vista and missing NavBar

Hi Highlandskye,

The problem may be in the security settings for IE 7+ in Vista. When I view a sample page with a navbar on my Vista machine IE7 asks if I want to view the blocked content. Once I tell IE to show the content the navbar is shown.

If you have your settings in IE set to more strict security you may not see the notification. I think I had to lower the security settings before I saw the notifications.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I appreciate the information. I lowered the IE security settings which were set at medium as the default but that had no effect. I didn't even get asked if I wanted to view the blocked material.

I'd think that would have no affect on the Preview window in FP2003 as it uses its own program for viewing - I think...the way some of the programs work, I'm never sure.

Thank you. I can now see the menu in the alternate browser but it does not exhibit any hyperlinks. It is a static as the words on a page. Other hyperlinks on the page (text) are active. One problem down - another to solve.