Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Having trouble bringing up coreldraw

I don't know if you can help or not. I just bought CorelDraw Graphics Suite 12. I was able to register it and everything seems to download fine. When I click on draw, photo-paint, trace, and RAVE they don't come up. But if I click on bitstream font navigator, capture and whats left they come up fine. I did download the trial version and it runs fine. So, I'm wondering what the problem is?
    IP

Default Re: Having trouble bringing up coreldraw

It could be that there is a broken link between the icon and the executable file. You can navigate in Program Manager to:

C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Graphics 12\Programs and you will find all the .exe files for the Graphics Suite 12. If you can launch the program from here, you can drag out new icons and make desktop shortcuts by dragging copies with the right mouse button and click where you want the shortcut copy to go.

If these programs are not in this folder, something when wrong with your install, it is best not to do a custom install if you are unsure what you are doing.

As with any other program, DRAW likes to install in one spot on the hard drive and if your drive is badly fragmented, it can cause problems. If you also have any version of CorelDRAW open, it usually asks you to close them, it is possible it could interfere with the installation.

Let me know if any of this helps.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I've tried all those ideas and nothing different. I even tried it on another computer and same thing. I think I might try one of those computer forums. Tomorrow, I hope corel.com support replies.
    Last edited by mrhite65; 24 July 2006 at 01:17 AM.
    IP

I was able to send it back and the retailer is sending me another. We'll see what happens.
    IP

Be sure and let us know how it works out, okay?

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Just recived another copy of draw12 and its working great! Thanks for the replies!
    IP

Believe me, I know just how frustrating it can be when you can't draw anything.

Sally M. Bode
    IP