Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export-Import / Coreldraw12 - XaraXtreme

I export as CDR, but it's impossible to import that in Xara.

What's the best way to export from Corel Draw and Xara?
    IP

Default Re: Export-Import / Coreldraw12 - XaraXtreme

The best method is to export from CorelDRAW to .cmx format. Or you can drag your graphics into Xara holding down the Ctrl key and dragging from one window to the other.

Note: DRAW is similar to Xara in many ways, but not all that DRAW does is importable into Xara, for example, Xara and DRAW handle gradients differently as well as transparency. Transparency may be recognized, but not the type, if a gradient transparency is used in DRAW, Xara will see flat transparency. For gradients, the beginning and end of the transparency is recognized but not mid nodes. Conical is reconized the same way.

Since the default for DRAW is CMYK, and Xara is natively RGB, colors will look extremely bright unless you are working in RGB mode in DRAW or have Color Mangement turned off, or in Web mode.

Xara, however cannot Ctrl-drag-copy to DRAW, and copy paste to DRAW ends up with a low resolution bitmap. Exporting from Xara to DRAW is best again in the .cmx suffix.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks for the answer.
    I found this ERROR:
    Access Violation Exception at offset 0xFE00EF00
    IP

I am assuming you are getting an error message in Xara. But you can copy and paste into Xara via the Windows Clipboard, when DRAW data is on the clipboard you get the dialogue box you see below from Xara Xtreme.

The best choice is highlighted. You can of course try one after another but with each new trial, you'll need to recopy the data again.

.Wmf looks good on the screen, but it usually doubles the number of items on the screen and gives way too many nodes.

Importing what Xtreme cannot understand can also cause an error. As stated before, though there are many similarities, the two do not handle all vector information the same.

If you would like to post the file you are trying to transfer, perhaps I could better advise you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.gif 
Views:	180 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	28279  
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP