Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Compressing .swf / .fla file

Hey all,

I REALLY need help with compressing my .swf / .fla file. It is for a website banner, and in total it is 6.5mb. The logo is something like 6.2mb.

Does anyone know any good free downloadable compressing programs WITHOUT losing image quality?

Or can anyone help? I can send the file to you.

BEGGING for help,
    Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Compressing .swf / .fla file

Welcome Xiahou,

6.2 Mbs? That's an horrendous file size. No compression program in the worlds going to reduce that size of file to a practical size for a web application.

I take it that you're using a bitmap? What size (in pixels) is it?

What dpi is it saved at?

Whatever you do to this image it's bound to reduce the quality if it's going to be used practically on the web.

Why can't you recreate the banner logo in a vector format?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hi Xiahou. Welcome to the forum!

I agree with Egg, that's a huge file!

Although Flash does ok when compressing graphics when you publish your movie, I have better results if I bring in a graphic already optimized.

If you are using a bitmap, try optimizing it before you bring it into Flash. That will help keep your FLA and susequently your SWF file significantly smaller. Adjust the scale to match your movie size or whatever your final size needs to be. Then don't bring in a graphic over a 100dpi. 96dpi is all the common monitor can see anyway.

If you would like to post your FLA, we can have a look for you.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Hello Xiahou,

I have a quick solution for you, although it might not be the best and you will need to make a trial and error to find out what is most suitable for you.

You can either optimize your picture logo (bitmap or jpeg) or you can trace the original image and convert it to vector with the trace bitmap command (I'm not on my home pc now so I have no flash but it's on one of the menues above).

Either way, you should get a smaller file of your logo.

I suggest just optimizing your picture file.
    IP