Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serious Bug With Text Starting about r1590

I've created many Xara designs in Windows that rendered fine in Linux FC5, except those that had pictures that were cropped in Xara Picture Editor. This I understood and excepted. Now, since about r1590 a strange problem has existed which I have some trouble in describing, but here goes:

Any design that was created in Windows that has other than Arial or Times New Roman within it doesn't fully render in Linux, the text that is. If I click Menu item, Zoom to drawing, the whole image is rendered at a very small size, like 10%. If I then use the Previous zoom and change it to 100% it's as it should be. With some typefaces the type will not render when the drawing is near 100% or larger.

Nothing was wrong until the default/current font changes were made by the programmers, as discussed on the dev list. The problem seems to point to fonts and how they are registered, from Windows to Linux. Wish I could be of more help.

franl
    IP

Default Re: Serious Bug With Text Starting about r1590

Quote Originally Posted by fjgaude
    I've created many Xara designs in Windows that rendered fine in Linux FC5, except those that had pictures that were cropped in Xara Picture Editor. This I understood and excepted. Now, since about r1590 a strange problem has existed which I have some trouble in describing, but here goes:
    See
    http://bugzilla.xara.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1365

Alex
    IP

Sorry, Alex, but what I'm reporting now was not fixed in 1365. Weird.

frank
    IP

Using r1441 I don't see any problems with text, as reported for from about r1590.

frank
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by fjgaude
    Sorry, Alex, but what I'm reporting now was not fixed in 1365. Weird.

frank
    That's bug number 1365, and it's still open - i.e. no, it's not fixed, but we know about it. I replied to your post on -dev saying I'd filed the bug (perhaps you aren't subscribed) so the post was really for the benefit of everyone else on the forum.

Alex
    IP

Well, when I looked at the bug fix 1365, it showed that it was "fixed". Makes no never mind, I will get fixed sooner or later, huh?

frank
    IP

Question

Can Autopackage detect if windows fonts are not present in system and if not ..to download windows core fonts ..that I supose all are free.

maybe not all fonts but Arial, Times New Roman, Courier.

I have all of these ..installed ( with wine I think ) and no fonts problem ever.
    IP

I don't think autopackage can move Windows fonts to Linux.

I have the same fonts on Linux as I have on Windows, no problem there. Xara sees them all on both OSs.

This whole thing started, now I do believe, when the default/current font issue was being discussed on the dev list, after r1595 or r1596.

Folks know of it... we be patient. <smile>

frank
    IP

Isn't it a violation of copyright, if you copy Windows fonts to Linux? (I'm not sure, it's a question.)

Remi
    IP

No, they are not in the OS, but on my hard drives. I either own them through purchase or liscense, or they are public domain typefaces.

frank
    IP