Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: How long have you been using Xara products?

Voters
466. This poll is closed
  • Less than a year

68 14.59%
  • 1-5 years

120 25.75%
  • 5-10 years

115 24.68%
  • More than 10 years

163 34.98%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How long have you been using Xara products?

Seems like forever!
    I was using CorelXara until ...
    21 May 1998 purchased Xara Webster.
    08 June 1998 purchased Xara3D 1 Unlock code.

I only used Webster for animated gifs and it was when Xara X was launched that I began some serious illustration.
    Prior to that I had been using P'shp ... now I rarely use it. It seems so cumbersome in comparison.

And I never did have the patience to get my head around Illustrator.

This is one of the first animations I made in Webster:

Today I'd make a far better job of it - both the drawing and the animation.
    IP

Being a Yank, I wasn't fortunate to be introduced to Xara in it's previous incarnations. I found Xara3D3 doing a Google search in October of 2000. I downloaded a copy of the trial version from Two Cows and fell in love immediately. I went to Xara.com and saw the first public beta for Xara X; again instantly fell in love with the product. I've upgraded Xara3D and Xara X as each new release has become available.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

w-hoel Guest

Thumbs up Re: How long have you been using Xara products?

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=-
    sadly, i only started using it in Dec. 2005...
    wish i had sooner!!!

I have using Xara Online sins may 2006
    IP

CMarks Guest

CorelXara was offered to me at the old Egghead software store and I was instantly hooked. I have used just about every vector application out there and there is still nothing to this day that matches its power, speed, and level of functionality. It is also quickly replacing the bitmap based programs I have. Hundreds of websites, countless logos, and an unmeasurable amount of hours driving Xara have earned my company over a million dollars (no kidding) in business..... If my wife wasn't so darn pretty, I might marry Xara! Rock on Xara, Rock on!!! Oh, and THANKS! Please do not ever sell the company...
    IP

Unregistered Guest

I've been using Xara since version 1. (Back then it was called Xara Studio) It's been an awesome tool ever since. I only wish they would allow you to use transparant pages (without having to export to png first)

Ashley.
    IP

I Just started not Long ago....I got Xara3D first then Got Extreme....I LOVE THEM!
    Just Makin' my Way....The Only way I Know How!
    IP

I started using Corel Xara years and years ago, I saw it at a Computer Trade show and was instantly amazed. Now I use XaraX and am amazed how little the basics have changed and how much easier it is to make quality work.

The only niggle I've got is with it's import/export tools. I tried to import an Allustrator file the other day only to be told there was an error in it. It was a bit dissapointing as I'd just been singing Xara's praises. It's Flash Exporter could be better too.

I use Xara for ALL of my graphics. I have only ever needed it to do more than it can once and then it would have crossed into the realms of 3D modelling package.. which it isn't.
    IP

About two years ago I saw a friend working with XaraX and 3D5. I instantly downloaded the trial versions. I had worked a year with Illustrator, but found it always annoying that it is so complex. Of course I had made already some graphics with Illustrator and I tried to remake them in Xara. And it was (as is often said in the tutorials) a breeze! A very fresh breeze indeed! As well, the results were better! I bought XaraXtreme and 3D6 and work with them ever since.
    Of course I always try to convince my friends to buy it too, but unfortunatily most people like to stick with the things they're already familiar with and stay suffering...

Congratulations Xara!
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa
    IP

In the summer of 1995, after trying the free demo CD for only a few hours, I bought a copy of CorelXara. After using it for a day or two I, faxed a "fan mail" to Xara! So I have been a Xaran for 11 years now.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

"How long have you been using Xara products?"
    I don't remember but I still have the first drawing I made with the program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rosesrdc.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	29202  
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 29 August 2006 at 08:21 PM.
    IP