Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Adjusting just lines in a selection

I came across something under the Edit menu in DRAW I didn't notice before which is quiete useful. It is "Select All" and then you can choose, "Objects", "Text", "Guidelines", "Nodes".

In the case of not wanting to outline the text, if you could select the text you could either cut and paste it to a new layer and turn off editability, or lock all of the text. Then you could edit line width all day long and it isn't going to effect the text whatsoever.

It is very easy to do.

Made a shortcut for myself to remember it. I guess I was zoning when Sark mentioned it. I tell myself that the painkilers aren't effecting me, but they are. This last week my back has been out.
    Last edited by sallybode; 12 August 2006 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Duplicated Sark's point
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Hi all,
    I had a look at Sark's cdr file and am wondering why all the lines were drawn in that manner..I (personal unqualified) would have used 'connector' lines for the 'line map' and added the text at the end setting the anchor point at the middle node ..thus all those line can be edited as 'connectors'
    Just my beginners choice.
    Jim
    IP

Scotty....It wasn't my .cdr file but ShepHeard's (the topics original poster).

Yes, there were probably better ways of creating this diagram/map, but my guess is he did not create the original file/files, he just needed to rescale them. Scaling the lines, and thereby redistributing the text (without changing its font size), was the problem.

Sark
    IP

Sorry for misunderstanding...
    Jim
    IP