Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question I have been through every post

Hey guys, I'm surprised no one has asked but how the hell do i convert file types such as : .gif, .png, .jpeg etc.....into .X3D?
    Are you guys using xtreme?
    i can only use these types of files for texture and not as a shape (like cogs).
    How do i import shapes as .X3D for some crazy experiments?

Default Re: I have been through every post

Hi Zabon,

You can only import shapes that are in a vector format like .xar, .web, .wmf, or .emf formats. Xara3D basically works with text, you use a shape you are limited to those in dingbat fonts or those provided in the sample files. To create your own you have to create them in a vector graphics program and then save (or export as your program requires) to one of the four formats Xara3D can import.

Files in .jpg, .gif, .png etc. are bitmapped format files and Xara3D can only use them as textures.

This question has been asked by about every new user of Xara3D and has been answered many times in the past. I guess you overlooked a lot of posts

The ideal solution is to purchase Xara Xtreme to use with Xara3D. You can copy your vector object (shape) from Xara Xtreme and paste it into Xara3D. You can copy your Xara3D creation as a .png and paste it back into Xara Xtreme.

On your Xara3D CD you will find Xara Webster which is an older version of their vector program that could be considered to be Xara Xtreme Lite
    Last edited by Soquili; 27 July 2006 at 12:33 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: I have been through every post

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Hi Zabon,

You can only import shapes that are in a vector format like .xar, .web, .wmf, or .emf formats. Xara3D basically works with text, you use a shape you are limited to those in dingbat fonts or those provided in the sample files. To create your own you have to create them in a vector graphics program and then save (or export as your program requires) to one of the four formats Xara3D can import.

Files in .jpg, .gif, .png etc. are bitmapped format files and Xara3D can only use them as textures.

This question has been asked by about every new user of Xara3D and has been answered many times in the past. I guess you overlooked a lot of posts

The ideal solution is to purchase Xara Xtreme to use with Xara3D. You can copy your vector object (shape) from Xara Xtreme and paste it into Xara3D. You can copy your Xara3D creation as a .png and paste it back into Xara Xtreme.

On your Xara3D CD you will find Xara Webster which is an older version of their vector program that could be considered to be Xara Xtreme Lite
    I guess I haven't been through every post huh...I can tell by your response you have answered that ? many times.
    I never would have believed that dingbat fonts would be so useful.

I do have the cd so I'll look into it and thanks for the quick response

Default Re: I have been through every post

Zabon

Look for the coin posts - these show how you use a circle and put a circular bitmap onto a face of the circle/disc/disk.

This is one: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...highlight=coin
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk