Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Could someone make this image 3D and spin please?!

Mike, you said this: so that you can crop them from the final image in XaraXtreme without touching the main image.

I cannot figure out how to crop those marks - since as the frame cycle advances the marks sometimes are actually behind the object and quite involved with it.

I have resorted to covering the marks with no line white rectangles in Xtreme.

Am I missing an obvious easier way???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exported gears xtreme anim smaller gif.gif 
Views:	1058 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	29791  
    IP

Hi, Drifter, it really depends on the nature of your animation whether the sizing pixels get in the way or not. As an animation moves objects, the associated sizing pixels will move with them, and can often get in the way. Occasionally this can be really restrictive, and another way has to be found of acheiving the same image without the sizing pixels.

Xara3D has options for adjusting the sizes and positions of objects, but I often found one adjustment, especially size, would also have an effect on other aspects, so an apparently simple change to one object could result in a whole series of other adjustments having to be made afterwards to restore the original situation. I generally find this aspect more frustrating than having sizing pixels, but it can work well at times.

But this frustration may be due to my relative lack of experience in using X3D's internal methods, since I tend to use sizing pixels more or less by default.

In many ways I think this auto-sizing sizing is one of the most irritating aspects of Xara3D, and would love an option to disable this, so that imported shapes preserve their absolute size, or if they could be referenced to an invisible bounding box. But then, I do tend to use Xara3D in ways that its authors I'm sure never intended or expected, so my wants may well not be relevant to their designed target customer base .

Mike
    IP

Thanks, Mike. It's good to know that I am on the right track and will just have to work around certain things. It's great having you answer all my questions - Xara3D and Xtreme together have such potential and you have shown us what can be done way way beyond the simple text and/or border animations/3D effects. I appreciate all your help and hopefully others will learn from all these questions/answers and not have to repeat the questions.
    -=Bob=-
    IP

New to this forum and XARA3D just joined a couple of days ago, been using XARA3D for a few weeks. Thought I would have a go at the spinning letters one from page two (Mindela and Vikes posts). Is something like this what you had in mind.
    What is the best format and export settings out of XARA to use when posting these files in the forum here, I used an animated .gif but as you can see the quality is very poor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CANADA.gif 
Views:	1026 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	30135  
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Could someone make this image 3D and spin please?!

Hi Croowe,

Welcome to the forum.

Animated .gif is good for posting animations.

Looking at your animation your background colour is a bit dark. If you try to match the colour or a close approximation of the background for the page they will be shown on the image will look better.

You did a very good job on the animation.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Ahhhhh yes your right, the background I had was a dark grey. I exported with transparency checked but its obvious the outer fringes of the animation pick up the background. Cheers and thank you.
    IP

Need help, i was trying to make 1 spin logo in xara3d. But how can import the image? I have my logo and wanna make it spin. Thanks
    IP

Hi Encoder17,

Welcome.

It depends on the logo. If it is basically round, you could use a round object in Xara3D and then use your logo as a texture. If the logo is basically square or rectangular you could again use an object in Xara3D and use the logo as a texture.

If you want individual objects for your logo they will need to be in a vector format (.wmf, .emf, .xar, or .web) to import into Xara3D. If you have a .gif or .jpg or other bitmapped image you would need to recreate the logo shapes in a vector program and export them in a format that can be imported into Xara3D
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

great thread, i've learned a lot so far

how do you add text below a spinning object, i've been able to spin the subaru, thanks to this thread but when i try to add text below, the colours drain from the image and go into the text

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Racing/22b.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/ETS-Racing/1.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/ETS-Racing/2.gif[/IMG]
    thanks
    IP

Shift and arrow left will highlight just the text, then choose your texture for that part only - in this case uncheck the texture box.
    -=Bob=-
    IP