Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Could someone make this image 3D and spin please?!

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Drifter, Egg's flag is made of three separate shapes superimposed on each other, and each with different extrusions, but all given the same animation parameters so that they spin together.

Mike
    Hmmmm, would there happen to be a tutorial re. how that is done? Thank you for your explanation, but I don't know how to superimpose shapes.
    IP

Making logos/images spin like this is a matter of seconds (not even minutes) using Xara 3D. I suggest you give it a try yourself. you can download a trial of the software HERE. There are plenty more tutorials and more neat effects with spinning and rotating objects.

Good luck.
    IP

Egg or simsmj or someone with their knowledge:

I still am unable to extrude a tiny section and not the entire 3D drawing. I did do simsmj's fantastic tutorial on the astrolab and the correct parts did come out extruded.
    However, I was just playing with the spinning logo a couple of posts above and trying to get just the center red pic to stand out. If I am able to do that I will next attempt to get the lettering to stand out. I got close... I did what simsmj did with the screw head - added it to the line made into shape outline (see below) - but then the outline gets extruded also. I tried the large square shape with no outline at all and Xara gives a message that there is no outline and won't let me import/paste it that way. I tried using just the little red square with the athlete and that won't work as it comes out in 3D the same size as the entire white shape, the first shape I pasted into 3D.
    What am I obviously missing? Must be something - because Egg's flag on the previous page has just one section extruded.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by -=Drifter=-; 17 September 2006 at 11:48 PM.
    IP