Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: How to create Rings?

That is a neat tool, but other than linking rings - how often would one need to use it? Still - better to have it than not.
    •Bob

I used break at points, from the sphere lines, clone the line segments twice, color fill done.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Remi

Doing an exact copy of your bitmap is easier, you only need 3 duplicate rings.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ok, Egg. but 3 +3 = 6

er, but... did you say "exact copy"...? Look at the left side

Remi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	not_exact_egg.png 
Views:	455 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	28062  

I like my solution cause it what I used on my telescope. I needed a way to make the rings that go behind the premade parts in Xara3D6. So, breaking at points was the easiest. Once they are pulled together, you can't tell the circle has been broken (prophetical statement.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn
    That is a neat tool, but other than linking rings - how often would one need to use it? Still - better to have it than not.
    Bob, you're right. I don't know now, how often I would use such a tool. But, perhaps we are wrong, like Robert Lloyd:

"What the hell is it good for?"
    - Robert Lloyd, engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, about 1968, commenting on the microprocessor.

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc
    I like my solution cause it what I used on my telescope. I needed a way to make the rings that go behind the premade parts in Xara3D6. So, breaking at points was the easiest. Once they are pulled together, you can't tell the circle has been broken (prophetical statement.)
    Oh no, no, James. That's too easy...

And it isn't exact the same as in the bitmap.

Remi

Remi,

Your correct. Here's my latest ammendment.

As a matter of interest can Real Draw create a '1 under-1 over' rings as the image below and not the '2 under-2 over' rings as per your original image?

Name:	!Export.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	28066  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Like this?

Real Draw has some cool bitmap effects, and is neat in many ways, but it will never touch Xara for vectors unless they do a *ton* of work to it. It has many small annoyances, one of which I have illustrated.

Real Draw is almost worth its price simply for its HTML slicer tool. It is very, very cool, and can automatically create many types of rollover effects on an area-by-area basis. Much nicer than Xara's, to be honest.

David

Name:	Bevel&PushBack.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	28069  

Cheers David,

I was interested to see if it was simple or not and you've proved it is. See what you mean about the bevels.
    Egg