Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Accidental sphere in Xara 3d

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    I think your file is a shortcut/link rather than a 3dfile.
    Norman, the attached file is an original Xara 3D6 file which is a bundle file with a relatively new version of 3D6 when I purchased the application over the internet two months ago.

Thanks Bill for your help to explain for me again.
    Ankhor, I do not have the same problem as you encountered. I have tried Firfox 2.0 and IE 7. Both are OK without trouble. Hmm…trying to figure out a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ren2980 View Post
    Norman, the attached file is an original Xara 3D6 file which is a bundle file with a relatively new version of 3D6 when I purchased the application over the internet two months ago.

Thanks Bill for your help to explain for me again.
    Ankhor, I do not have the same problem as you encountered. I have tried Firfox 2.0 and IE 7. Both are OK without trouble. Hmm…trying to figure out a solution.
    Oh I wasn`t referring to browsers, but .xar and .x3d files, I can open
    them if the filename have no space or other weird characters in it, but with
    spaces in the name, I have to first download them and then open them.
    Without spaces or weird characters, I can open them immediately and
    they appear in Xtreme or 3D6 immediately.

Somehow with spaces or unussual characters it doesn`t work.
    And you see if you look closely that spaces are shown as "%20"
    in between, that might be why they don`t load immediately
    into the respective programs?

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Oh I wasn`t referring to browsers, but .xar and .x3d files, I can open
    them if the filename have no space or other weird characters in it, but with
    spaces in the name, I have to first download them and then open them.
    Without spaces or weird characters, I can open them immediately and
    they appear in Xtreme or 3D6 immediately.

Somehow with spaces or unussual characters it doesn`t work.
    And you see if you look closely that spaces are shown as "%20"
    in between, that might be why they don`t load immediately
    into the respective programs?

Here comes the right image file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

this is my first attempt with these instructions.

http://www.freespaces.com/ykpool/images/rotate1.gif

also, wondering if there is a way to put text on top of this without having to open photoshop/imageready and editing it in there (which takes a long time for animated text)
    Last edited by MiChEaL.WaRdRiP; 04 January 2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: adding a question

Hi MiChEaL, you've made some quick progression.
    wondering if there is a way to put text on top of this without having to open photoshop/imageready and editing it in there (which takes a long time for animated text)
    It would depend on what sort text animation you wanted to make.
    If you want to rotate it, this would be very straight forward as you already have the globe rotating, so you could make it in X3D with the globe.

Anas

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    Hi MiChEaL, you've made some quick progression.

It would depend on what sort text animation you wanted to make.
    If you want to rotate it, this would be very straight forward as you already have the globe rotating, so you could make it in X3D with the globe.

Anas
    i kind of wanted it to rotate independently (maybe in the opposite direction) or use a different effect for the text.

also .... i have need to use a gradient text. can you tell me the easiest method of going about getting it into X3D? i want it to go from one color (at beginning) to another color (at end) .... for example, red to blue

Quote Originally Posted by MiChEaL.WaRdRiP View Post
    i kind of wanted it to rotate independently (maybe in the opposite direction) or use a different effect for the text.

also .... i have need to use a gradient text. can you tell me the easiest method of going about getting it into X3D? i want it to go from one color (at beginning) to another color (at end) .... for example, red to blue
    To rotate in any direction is easy regardless which direction the globe is going. Just type in the text, position objects using baseline shift if needed, select the text, add texture in texture options.
    To use another animation would be impossible unless you also edited it in another software package. You may be able to do the whole lot in 'swing animation' instead of rotate.

For the gradient you will need to apply a bitmap texture. See this earlier thread:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light=gradient

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    To rotate in any direction is easy regardless which direction the globe is going. Just type in the text, position objects using baseline shift if needed, select the text, add texture in texture options.
    To use another animation would be impossible unless you also edited it in another software package. You may be able to do the whole lot in 'swing animation' instead of rotate.

For the gradient you will need to apply a bitmap texture. See this earlier thread:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light=gradient
    thanks i got the gradient fill .... now just to fix the text with image

whenever i try to put the text in, it makes a "doughnut" out of the picture instead of keeping the sphere .... and putting the word inside the blank spot

Quote Originally Posted by MiChEaL.WaRdRiP View Post
    whenever i try to put the text in, it makes a "doughnut" out of the picture instead of keeping the sphere .... and putting the word inside the blank spot
    Sorry MiChEaL, my mistake. I didn't realise that your globe was a border rather than a text object.
    You can not place text outside of borders in this way.

Below is the result of making the glode from a text based object. Because it is made with a very large bevel, it takes up the whole X3D page, so there is little room for the text. The globe has been made with 2 pages; Africa on one page and the Americas on the other. I have also created a background image of a black disc the size of the globe as the text globe is not actually fully round.

Anas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lei-globe.gif 
Views:	425 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	33910  

that's almost what i wanted but i kind of wanted the ability to have the text anywhere on the image. also, did you try changing the fit to width size down to a point size (say 48 pt) so it would be smaller???