Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Accidental sphere in Xara 3d

There was a thread recently about somebody wanting a 3d globe in Xara 3d. Not too sure, but I may have accidently come accross a way of doing it in Xara 3d6. First, hit ctrl + A and after selecting all the text, hit the supprime or delete key. Then go into design options, select the Border and then go into the design picker and you want Xara 3D6\samples\shapes\Ball x 2 x 3d, this should give you a shape of two balls like an old fashion weight lifter...........now go into bevel option and click the texture option, choose curve with a depth of 999, you should have 1 ball now, maybe not round but you can drag or try going into the extrusion option and selecting a depth of 150.......Now you should have a round sphere which you can animate......Finally I went into the design option and just selected any picture in my computer to try it, and it seems to work. I don't have a picture of an atlas so I can't try that but I did try my daughters picture and also a water photo, both jpg's and .......well, try it yourselfs and see what happens....by the way, the depth number I have given you can not be achieved using the slider, so they will have to be typed in so now you have even more experimenting you can play with....good luck to all and to all good luck......frank

Edit: just looking at what I posted and those stupid lights are driving me crazy but I don't thing you can do much about them, at least not somebody with two left hands
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Seagull; 24 July 2006 at 01:48 AM.
    .............frank