Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Test My Website Please :)

I'm testing out my website with two different Menu's. One made with Webstyle and the other in Flash. http://mccluer.name/

I was thinking about leaving both on there, but wanted to see what people thought about Flash Menus in general.

Also, I can change the Flash Menu to a more traditional look if it is too confusing.

I'll probably use a Flash Menu to control movie playback and such though.

The Website is only a barebones, broken linked implementation of an insane man. So, there might be some links that don't work, because I haven't posted the web pages yet.

ALSO,

Question on Inline Frames. If I make an Inline Frame such as I have for the Flash and call the URL back to the inline Frame instead of calling out a "_blank" web page for the URL to load in...

Will I get charged for more bandwith because the user is using the inline Frame to navigate the Web. Or does it not work that way?

Let me know if you don't like the style or whatever else is on the page, I can go more traditional and change it up.

Thanks!
    http://mccluer.name/

Default Re: Test My Website Please :)

Being old fashioned I prefer the one on the left made by webstyle. If you want a site for smelly old men, pick that one. If your after a younger generation, maybe the flash might be better, who knows? Always important is download time and while they were both very fast because of my high speed connection the flash took about 3 times longer or about 1-2 second give or take.
    .............frank

Keep in mind that a huge number of people is surfing at the job where flash might not even be installable. For the vital parts of your webpage you should really try to use "old fashioned" html which can be rendered by all current browsesrs. Just check yourself what your website will look like to these users.

Juergen

Dood what's with all the broken links? The pictures I did see were pretty nice though.

Hey, Nice site, you made it with webstyle?

One thing: When I follow the "find out more" link it opens in the same window.
    Perhaps it would be better if opened in a new window for the reason that you wish your visitor not to leave your site.